Monday, April 29, 2013

You must have been a beautiful baby.....

Babies...yes I have pictures.....
This is the hanging geranium plant that Mr H hung for our neighbors L&J....this is where Mr & Mrs House Finch made their nest and this is what is there now...
okay, only a mother finch can love them...but they are cute. There are 4 as near as we can tell. Not wanting to disturb them too much, I took a quick picture while the parents yelled at me from the tree. Mr H monitors checks on them every few days when the parents leave the nest. This was my first look at them since they hatched.... Mr H is almost as protective as Mrs House Finch. I guess they figure with a seed bag hanging in the tree and a bird bath right there, this was a good nesting spot. This is the first Spring that this set up is here as well as the first time we hung a plant for  L&J who are in their 90's. Are you ready for the quails....it is not the best camera video, but it is okay. I am still getting used to using it. The problem is zooming in and staying steady... oh alright, I will show you...
here is the link to my FB page and the video...
https://www.facebook.com/grace.piccirillihorton?ref=tn_tnmn
One egg was left behind and not hatched. Remember yesterday when I said they were being more noisy than usual, well when I posted I looked out to see them.
I have been practicing my tatting so Debra will want to teach me more.....and I am working on my candle stand piece...I will take a picture and post it tomorrow.  Do you ever think you just do not have enough time to do all that you want to do...of course you do... silly me for thinking I was the only one! I am heading out to the lanai with my needlework basket and cup of coffee....so glad you stopped by today. Thank you for the kind words....have a great day.

4 comments:

butterfly said...

How lovely to have those birds nesting in the hanging basket ,wonderful nature, hugs.

Tiny said...

Hello

It must be lovely watching the finches grow!
Your stitching is lovely, the Hardanger is so beautiful.

Heather said...

Those baby birds are so cute! How lovey to know you have provided a protected nesting site for these birds.

cucki said...

Aww so cute xxx