Saturday, April 27, 2013

Oh happy day....

Yesterday was a good day.... I met Debra.... a very talented tatter who has managed to teach me to use a shuttle! Now you may remember how I was so frustrated at this task, but I am feeling more confident that I will tat with a shuttle!!!!
the first piece at the top is what we began with...move on down to the next sample. On this one, while Debra was here I did the first 4 rings from the left to right and completed one before running iinto a knot...so I then began this morning with the bottom sample...very pleased with myself. Thank you Debra. Lesson 2 is next Friday... she seems to think believe I can do this!
I have started a project to fit into a candle screen ...why? you do know how it is, right? It is just  while I am waiting for the threads to arrive from Nordic Needle for

look what arrived in the mail the other day.... this is what I ordered from the On Line Needlework store. Oh my...free standing dolls! My first one will be the lady with the  C on her...without the C however. Remember the gift certificate I found on my computer desk?, well I used that for the Weeks Dye Works and they will be on their way any day. My head is just spinning with all these things. The phone just rang...Jo Ann's offering me the day off...well you know I said yes. More time to practice and work on a few things and sit outside before the temps get too high. The weather for next week is suggesting temps around 100 for a few days....
I hinted that Mr H is having a few issues again... I won't bore you but I know we can handle them... we have come too far not to. A bright spot for him is always his garden and here is what he found this week...
this beautiful lone flower on one of the small cacti in the yard. Who even knew this was a flowering one. Unfortunately, cactus blooms only last a day and a night...and that is it. So we really did enjoy seeing this one. This plant is one of the ones that is in a nursery pot and just sitting amid the other plants. A bright spot this week.
A little update on Eva P...mom... she is doing well, using the "fancy" walker that I sent to her. he is still having some in house aid and I think she will soon be doing much more for herself.
I welcome new friends and thank you all for the lovely anniversary wishes and kind words and emails.... you certainly add to my life. Have a wonderful weekend....
Quail report....what a noisy couple they are! No babies yet.... but the Geranium out front has babies and I will try to get a picture this weekend.

8 comments:

Shirlee said...

I am so happy you linked up with Debra & she was able to get you started shuttle tatting!!! That's wonderful! Your rings are looking great : )

cucki said...

Aww sweet stash..I love them..dolls are so cute..
Big hugs x

Anne said...

You are so lucky to know someone to teach how to tatter. I'm glad you are more confident now. Your lace is looking so lovely!

Patty C. said...

Beautiful flower! Prayers for DH & so happy you found a tatting buddy!

busyhands said...

Best wishes to your DH
The flower looks beautiful
Enjoy your stitching and tatting!!

butterfly said...

Lovely dolls how cute.
What a beautiful flower.
All the best to your DH , hugs.

Annette-California said...

So happy you found a tatting friend to learn from. The doll charts are darling. So glad you grabbed your camera and got a photo of the cactus bloom. Beautiful! Prayers for Mr. H - love Annette

Julie said...

Hello Grace, i have just had a lovely catch up read. Have been on hols and am just getting back to normal routines here.
Your hardanger mat is stunning, such patience you must have to do all thos bars and dove eyes. Happy anniversary wishes to you both, i am married to a Dennis to, must be something in the name as all the things you wrote about yours could be written about mine too!
Beautiful cactus bloom. Nice new pattern, going to be fun watching you create one of those beauties.
Congrats on the tatting, its fun to learn from a person and not a book or screen.
Best wishes to Dennis and i hope this new little hiccup you face will soon be a memory. xxx