Sunday, April 21, 2013

On the table

I have completed my Roses Hardanger table piece.....
I am so very pleased with how it looks. Just to let you know: there are approx. 944 Woven Bars and 364 Dove's eyes! I picked up lovely pink Gerba daisies and they look very cheerful. What next asked Mr H? I am not sure but I have plenty to choose from. Yesterday I visited the on-line Needlework Show and immediately bought a couple of patterns. As I was doing so, my mind told me that I still had so many in house to choose from.... but my fingers did the walking and hopefully I will have them in hand. I bought another bundle of fabric yesterday to make the patch bag again. This time I will enlarge the squares from 5" to 6". It does not seem like much, but the clerk at the quilt store told me it will make a difference.
I have just put in my second laundry load one more to go and I have visited the backyard for my morning check on the quails. Mr H must be so disappointed....
this is not how this 7year old plant should look! Usually when the quails lay their eggs, it thrives. Never has it looked like this. We can not water it from the top and it is so high off the ground that watering it from the base is not ideal. I do hope it bounces back. Even after the babies hatch, it will be at least 10 to12 days before they leave.
Last night I experimented with the embroidery on the netting and will show you my sampler of stitches soon.  I think my fingers and mind need a rest today. A good relaxing day to read is my plan. In just 22 days The Brother (Alan) will be out for his annual visit. We are so looking forward to having him here and he is making plans as to what and where for his week. Thanks for spending some of your time with me today and for all the kind words and emails. Whatever your plans....have a wonderful day.

16 comments:

Terri said...

Your finished piece is beautiful! You have inspired me to get mine out soon and try to finish it.

CalamityJr said...

That is beautiful, Gracie! Can't wait to see what you choose for your next project; you always have something just a little different and even more lovely in the works.

gracie said...

I will be looking to pass this pattern on....

Shelly said...

Those traitorous fingers! Mine did the walk this morning. Your hardanger piece is beautiful! You are definitely a woman of many talents!

Vickie said...

Wow! That is fabulous.

Kathy Ellen said...

Your gorgeous Roses Hardanger table piece is absolutely incredible. I love hardanger too, and know just how much detail and hours you have invested in such a lovely piece.

Blessings!

Silverlotus said...

Oh, it is stunning! And 364 dove's eyes?! Wow. (I have to admit that I don't like doing those at all.)

You did a great job!

Lee said...

What a beautiful piece. well done

Simply Victoria said...

Oh,so beautiful!

ginnyt said...

your work is awesome; one day I'll learn hardanger.

Heather said...

The finished piece is just so beautiful I can't stop looking at it!

Christine said...

That is stunning!

Shirlee said...

Gorgeous!

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww so pretty..well done
big hugs x

geeky Heather said...

Congratulations on finishing the hardanger piece!! It is absolutely gorgeous...and so nice that you can enjoy it all the time out on the table.

johan habit said...

Very fantastic and well-written post.I read and like the post.

Trace mobile number