Thursday, April 25, 2013

Our special day

On April 25, 1970 Dennis and I shared vows and 43 years later we still share them.  I married a man who is my best friend. I love him more today than yesterday and look forward to tomorrow. He is my strength when I need it and my laughter at the unexpected times. We are two people with one heart. I still feel special when he smiles at me.... sometimes when he laughs at me! I am lucky to have a man who cares about what I do even if he is not sure what it is that I am doing... and always has praise for me. I enjoy the beauty he puts into our yard so that I can see it everyday. And he is a good cook too!
I could share some stitch stuff today, I could share what arrived in the mail yesterday, or the first flower from his small cactus,  I could tell you about a new issue he is facing, but I would rather share this with you....
My guy Dennis... I love him so. I never want to be without him.......

18 comments:

Terri said...

Congratulations! I hope I am as lucky some day.....

busyhands said...

Congratulations! You are a lovely couple, all my best wishes to you both!!

Carolyn said...

Awwww...What a sweet post...

It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad to know that their are others out there who appreciate their husbands and are thankful each day for your time together.

Everyday my husband comes home from work I am running out to greet him. I've been doing it for 20 years.

Thank for sharing this...

Hugs!

Cole said...

How lovely, happy anniversary!!!

Anthea said...

Congratulations Gracie & Dennis on 43 years♥
I hope you have had a lovely day, and that there are many more to come.
The 'new issue', I am sending good wishes your way.
Happy Anniversary x

butterfly said...

Happy Anniversary Gracie and Dennis, such a lovely couple you make , not many make it this far today we are the lucky ones. We beat you by 3 yrs hugs .

geeky Heather said...

Awwww!! Congratulations to you both!

Simply Victoria said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sarah Beth said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. I too am very blessed as you are. I also married my best friend. He's been there for me through good and bad and yes every time he looks at me I feel like a princess. We've been married 15.5 years. We are always saying how we hope to get to grow old together. He is the sweetest most caring, gentle and loving person I have ever known. He even brought me to Jesus by loving me unconditionally :-) we are very blessed and so thankful God gave each of us to the other. I pray blessings on your marriage and that you will celebrate many many more anniversaries :-)

Denise said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow 43 years - what an accomplishment!

Angela P said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both. I've been thinking about you Gracie and hoping you are doing well :)

Julie said...

Congrats to you and Mr H on 43 happy years.

Vickie said...

Congratulations! How absolutely wonderful! God bless you both. I am praying for Mr. H.♥

valerie said...

What a lovely post Gracie! I wish you and Dennis a Happy Anniversary!!

cucki said...

So sweet..
Happy anniversary dear x

Faith... said...

Congratulations and happy anniversary!

Shelly said...

Well! A Happy Anniversary to you both Gracie! It's nice to see a happy couple together:)

Silverlotus said...

Happy anniversary. May you have many, many, many more happy years.