Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Friday at 1:30 pm

Let's start from the start.......
Yesterday was our monthly stitch group meeting. Always so nice to meet up with these ladies and see what the others are doing. Just before I was leaving, Dear Ziz, who is the newly installed Pres Lady, told me she had something to drop off to me.We live as you know a stones throw from each other. Look what she sent via Mr Z
I love boxes and this one is designed by one of my favorite people Susan Winget. But the reason behind giving the box to me is not that I love boxes, not a special day but ....
My name is on the box. Flowers and birds make it just right. The soft colors make it just right. But, it is just right because of my friend, Dear Ziz. I am ever grateful for having her for a friend. We can tell one another anything and we can laugh and cry together.... it is a good thing. It all got me to thinking about another important friend.... My Lu...my forever sidekick back in Rhode Island. I just had to call her and hear her voice. We too share those special laughs, tears and conversation.... I miss her. Okay, time to move on....I am sure you don't want to listen to me blubber on.
Here is my practice sampler piece ... Embroidery on Net...
excuse the loose thread ends, as I said it is just practice. I want to perfect the stitches then I will try a motif. This is all Nicola's fault... she sent me the book! I am glad though as it is another learning thing and I am all for learning.
So what about the heading? Well, thanks to Shirlee for putting me in touch with a Tatter who lives about a mile from me! I will be having a tatting lesson with the shuttle on Friday afternoon. Isn't it wonderful that we are all so supportive to one another? How we share all that we know and cheer each other and comfort each other. I picture a special place where we will all meet someday among the stars of night and clouds of day...won't we have lots to talk about. In the meantime  while we still are grounded, I am off to work today and hope that your day is nice. Thank you for chatting with me and for the kind words and emails.....hugs to all of you from me.
Quail report....nothing to report, but the other nest...I will tell you more about that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Heather said...

What a lovely box that appears to be just made for you. Real friends are a treasure.

cucki said...

So pretty x

Cheryl said...

Love boxes too Gracie - just beautiful, and so is your embroidery on the netting

Anthea said...

What a beautiful box Gracie, your name & all! You will add yet another string to your crafty bow when you master the new technique, and good luck with the tatting help too x

butterfly said...

Pretty box, I collect box's and tins I always have loved them , when I was small a lady gave me a victorian box and that was the start of my love for them, sadly I lost my box with all the moving around in my life. hugs.