Sunday, May 5, 2013

Postal snafu and tatting

First let me tell you about our mail person.... he is retiring and not a day too soon for me. He is not on my friendship list for a few reasons... so, enter a possible new mail person.. a she who in her divine wisdom did not know what to do with an envelope addressed to me at my correct address from Australia. In my mail box was a pick up notice for the parcel. When I went to the post office, I explained that I frequently get this type of mail and expect that it is delivered to my home... the she in question is a trainee. But here it is....
It is my Black Bird Exchange from Leanne in Australia. Delicious caramello Koalas! and chocolate covered cookies and look.... a ribbon embroidery pin to stitch. I do like ribbon embroidery! She not only stitched my initial on a card, but in my color.... laveneder....and the pin pillow has a log cabin square...very nice indeed. Thank you Leanne.
I had a to do yesterday with Bet Buy...trying to schedule an appointment to have the remote starter installed. I can not go on my own because Mr H is the name on the order and it will take 3 hours and we will have to remain there as we have only one car! I had to speak with 5 people before this was accomplished. So Wednesday is the day for the installation. I am very spoiled and miss being able to pre-start the car and have the air conditioning run for a few minutes before getting in. Back East, it was for melting the snow and ice off the car!
My second lesson with Debra went well... she started me on a motif....
my homework was to finish the round and she will start me on the final round. I am quite proud of it. Using size 30 thread was a bit of a challenge, but I think I got the hang of it now. She is so talented and patient. We have discovered that we have so much in common.... this is a nice friendship.
I should tell you that I finally saw the elusive baby fish in Mr H's pond. It is all black. Why am I telling you the color? Well the other 2 monstrous fish in the pond are orange and one is mostly white! So far, it still prefers to hide under the rock edge or at the bottom so I have no idea when my next sighting will be. I should mention that Mr H is going to be upset again with the birds. Again this year, the Doves are as I speak with you building their nest in the wall basket next to our back door. I will try for a picture..... We have turned into an aviary!
I am glad that we had some time to visit. Thank you for the kind words and emails. Whatever your plans for the day, hope they include some stitch time... I will be out on the lanai with my project.....

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Our post is the same , you put on the right address and code ,and then it comes all the way back again.
Then you post another package and what should take a week takes 5 weeks. I could not run a business like this What's going on with our mail.
You have seen the film the birds are you getting worried ?
Lovely exchange, hugs.

Heather said...

I hear what you are saying about the post!
Love the swap items from the Land Down Under...hey! that's where I come from.\0/
Thanks for the birdie updates I love them.

Annette-California said...

What a beautiful stitched pillow from Leanne, and lovely gifts she gave you. Your tatting is so pretty Gracie. love Annette

cucki said...

Super sweet swap gifts...
The tatting is looking so lovely..
Big hugs x

Minnie said...

You really want to hear a postal horror story? Well I mailed some cross stitched squares for quilts being made for Sandy Hook families on the 2nd of April to be delivered by the 5th, they never made it. I had the tracking and confirmation number and it only shows that it was scanned in at the local branch and no one knows what happened to the package. I was told that it will probably be found and delivered eventually and there was nothing they could do about it. I just "LOVE the US Mail"!

Tiny M said...

Hello Gracie

Your mail system sounds terrible, but what a lovely parcel it turned out to be!
Your tatting looks beautiful!

raiman daivs said...

Very fantastic and well-written post.I read and like the post.It,s extremely good and very helpful for me..
Netflix Vpn

Julie said...

Super parcel from Leanne and your tatting is looking superb, it looks so delicate and tricky to do.