Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Middle of the week...

Sometimes Wednesday is a boring day. The middle of things to do before the week ends day. Next week at this time The Brother Alan will be here! I am so looking forward to his yearly visit. We have tenative plans, because we all know how plans can be spur of the moment. Recent visits, he thinks of what he would like to do when he arrives.... nice... it helps that we do not have to think of things. Whatever we do, time will pass all too quickly.
Tomorrow is session 3 with Debra and Tatting. She has not lost interest in teaching me! I have tentatively selected a few projects to concentrate on once she feels I am ready. I really want to make a bunch of snowflakes for my Christmas tree and to send as gifts.... I would like to think someone would like a tatted snowflake from me. I can always send one to EvaP... she likes everything I do.... moms are like that. I have been working on a crazy quilt patch piece...can not show you as it will be sent to someone who reads my blog. I have also made progress on my candle stand piece...
I am not crazy about the linen as it is very stiff, but it was on hand so I am using it. The colors are prettier in person. I hope to have it finished this week and mounted. As I sit here typing, the sound of the pond is soothing... the chatter of the birds entertaining..... I think it is time to sit out on the lanai and stitch. Wouldn't it be nice to have you join me with a cup of tea...
So very happy that you did find time to stop by...enjoy your day....

10 comments:

Shirlee said...

I am so happy that you are enjoying the tatting! Have you seen some of the motif patterns available? They make such great little framing pieces & are wonderful gifts!

Lee said...

It would be lovely to join you for a cup of tea,
just love your violet piece, for me I like the stiffer linen.
Have a happy day

cucki said...

Can I come for the tea too :)
Sweet stitching..looking so sweet
Hugs x

Heather said...

Had a bit of a Wednesday like yours yesterday. Too much movie watching and not much else....hopefully a better day today. Love your violets

ginnyt said...

tried so hard to learn tatting; ypurs looks gorgeous; have fu

Brigitte said...

The violets you are stitching are so beautiful. I love them. And yes, yesterday I joined you in the garden - in my thoughts - but I was reading all the time. No stitching as the wind would have blown everything away.

sallyann said...

Hello

I am glad I discovered your blog.

I don't really like Wednesdays!
Your violet piece is very pretty and I love those scissors.
Hope you enjoyed sitting out!

butterfly said...

Love your violets so pretty.

Anna-Viola said...

Очень красивые фиалки!

Julie said...

Yes please to the tea, chat and stitching time together, I would enjoy that. Your new project is pretty.