Saturday, May 11, 2013

I did it!

Well, session three and I am able to say I can tat with a shuttle...

I can not believe what a difference 3 weeks has made. Of course the high five goes to Debra who has been patient and also a very good teacher. Although this motif is just about 2 inches, to me it is big...I mean a really big deal. I must admit that it is not perfect... but I will get to where it will be better. I need to work on my tension and picots. Debra and I will miss next week's session....The Brother Alan will be here. We decided that our next meet will be a road trip to Mesa to The Attic to see the new store and lunch and The Fiber Factory. In the meantime, I did start the same motif to try to perfect my skill. I told Mr H that I wanted to make snowflakes for one of my Christmas tress...his response, "you better get started, you have 6 months."
I am off to work today then on vacation until The Brother Alan is gone. I would like to wish all of you a Happy Mother's Day.....for some of us it is a difficult day, but I will think of you. Thank you for stopping by today....

10 comments:

Woman Seeking Center said...

Gracie that is beautiful. And what an interesting, ancient technique to learn and be well on your way to perfecting.....

I had to laugh about DH comment of 'you have six months' :-) Sounds like me/my pace on any given project, lol

Happy mothers day to you and enjoy your visit - will look forward to your posts again once things re-settle to routine.

Hugs,
Issy

cucki said...

wow its so pretty..well done..
happy mothers day to you..
big hugs x

Minnie said...

I think it's perfect!

Heather said...

Love your tatting, looks great to me! Enjoy your holidays and the time spent with your brother.

sallyann said...

Hello

Beautiful tatting.

Anne said...

Well done Gracie on finishing your first tatting project! It's stunning and so delicate!

ginnyt said...

yes, your tatting is beautiful!!! Happy Mothers day!!!

Annette-California said...

Oh Gracie your latest tatting piece is beautiful. Congrats on learning this delicate and intricate method. Yes you can tat with a shuttle for sure:) love Annette

Topcho said...

Oh dear, it's just gorgeous!! Love it... it looks so gentle

Julie said...

Gracie that is so very pretty, big WELL DONE!
Have fun with your brother.