Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Maybe today...

The lanai work did not happen yesterday as the company thought it would rain and we still had winds. That's right, we hardly get any rain and while they began the work on Monday it rained! not much but it did. and the winds were still still around 30-35 mph. So.....today is the day for the the work to continue. I will post before and after pictures later. At the moment, my kitchen has cushions on the floor, the garage has stuff from the lanai, and  donot even discuss the furniture all over the yard. It is a complete obstacle course.
I have no stitch pictures, but I am on the last bar wrapping of the section that I call tier one of my Hardanger.... pictures tomorrow. I have a few more stitches to do on my BBD piece and then will decide how to finish it.... of course you can not see it yet. I picked up some craft netting... I want to try Netting embroidery. You would think that I have enough to keep me busy! I think I need to slow down my mind..... too many things going on there and holding up my hands from doing them. I have the rest of the week off so I plan to be busy and thought why not try this new form needlework.
I thought I would show you another picture from the Rose Show...
The way that some show off their entries for the judging.  These beauties were framed on velvet showing 3 roses in progression of opening. My favorite roses are yellow.... and these were lovely. Tomorrow I will post another for you. In the meantime, I must get dressed and ready for the guys coming to work on the patio. I do not think being in my pajamas is a good way to greet them. Cute when you are 6, not so cute when you are 66! Have a great day and thanks for visiting with me today.

5 comments:

geeky Heather said...

Those roses are amazing!! I hope the lanai work goes well.

Vickie said...

No, no pj's!! hahaha Look forward to tomorrow pics.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Isn't that just the way of things, lol - the minute you begin work on a project or have an outside event (or wash the car) the weather acts up! Geepers.....

PJ's? Yes, cute at 6 and ok at 66 too lol (especially with a pretty robe) Tho you have to keep in mind I run to the mailbox in flamingo exercise pants :-) so I have a pretty flexible dress code!

Hugs
Issy

Annette-California said...

I wonder what is netting needlework! I look forward to hearing what its all about. Had to laugh about the PJ's:) love Annette

Julie said...

Superb roses.