Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hardanger and the Lanai

Let's talk about the lanai. The guys came yesterday and I spoke with the owner .... I am hoping that we  made the right decision to go with the company. Well, actually Mr H said "let's go with this one" and I did not object. My problem is, There was a difference in the warranty/guarantee from the owner and the man who gave us the job quote, then no sooner had the base coat been applied that it began to bubble and later we saw spots where the coverage does not look right. But hey, we are not the pros with this. The drying time between coats is about 8 hours. It will be probably Saturday/Sunday before we get it put back together. I must get some furniture felt to put under the chairs. That will be a trip to Ace Hardware. I am hoping that by Friday I will be able to clean the fine dust that has spread throughout the house from the sanding, So, here I am waiting for them to arrive to apply the epoxy coat and having concerns. Where is Mr H? oh well, he is still asleep... not the early riser that I am. Today I woke at 1 am feeling this stress. Just have to wait......
In the meantime, I finished the first tier of Woven Bars....
and I am pleased.... I have enjoyed this part of the project.
The Doves eyes are not perfect, but they are not my favorite stitch. When I press this piece later I am sure they will be okay. Today I will begin the second tier which are a little larger in size. By the time I complete the outside edge the Doves eyes should be near perfect.
 I really appreciate the kind words and email.... you make my day. I hope your day wonderful. I am off to the living room to have a cup of coffee and wait....maybe wrap bars too.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Wow it is looking so sweet..
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

Beautiful! It is a good thing to keep an eye on the contractors.

Patty C. said...

Beautiful work Gracie :)

Poppy said...

Hello

I have just come across your lovely blog.
Your stitching is lovely.
The hardanger is beautiful.

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie, such beautiful stitching there, I look forward to seeing the project come together x

Cindy said...

Your hardanger work is beautiful. Good luck with the contractor.

Julie said...

Very pretty hardanger stitching