Monday, April 1, 2013

It's April...no foolin!

Can you believe another month..... turn the calendar.... it's April 1st ! Yesterday Mr H and I had a very nice quiet day. He is feeling so much better so that means I am too. Well actually, I still have this cold/flu thing, but not worrying about him helps me feel better. Honestly I am feeling better. Mr H cooked hame and topped it with pineapple slices with brown sugar..... yum.
I finished my new bag
I love how it looks. The fabric was a quilt bundle from Jo Ann's. The layout and then sewing was interesting but I followed the directions and voila! I tried some of my machine's embroidery and think it was okay. My sewing machine is a Kenmore that is about 25 years old and still sewing well. I am thinking of having it serviced as it never has had to have any work done on it. I keep it oiled once a year and clean and never have a problem. I dread the day I will need to purchase a new one. This was top of line when I got it and now they are so much more expensive.
I have a nice easy week..only 2 days at work so my stitching plans are already forming. Look what I found yesterday in our yard
this little petunia growing in the crack of the  walkway.... there are several others that will bloom if Mr H does not step on them! Of course they are right in the path so......
Welcome to a few new friends....so glad you have found me. Some times there is no way to contact you, so maybe you will send an email ? I am pleased to have you visit wit me and for the kind words and emails..... you brighten my day! Whatever your plans for today, I hope it is a wonderful day.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Such good news to read Mr H is on the mend and you too.
Your bag looks beautiful.
Petunias are so pretty, i hope yours dont get stepped on!

cucki said...

Your bag is looking so sweet...
Very happy news that you all on the mend..
Big hugs x

geeky Heather said...

That bag is beautiful! Great job!

If your sewing machine is working fine, I wouldn't have it serviced...you never know that they might clean out that piece of dust that is keeping all the gears spinning the right way! =)

Sandra Kaye said...

LOVVVVEEEE the purse!!! hugs

Sue said...

So glad that Mr H and yourself are feeling better. Love the bag and such a pretty petunia, shame that they're growing where they are but so pretty to look at.

Vickie said...

Oh what a great job you have done on the purse.
I just love little seedlings that pop up without our help.

Dawn said...

The bag looks wonderful, well done

Heather said...

Glad to hear you are both on the mend.The bag looks great.

Lee said...

So pleased to read you are both feeling a little better.
take care and enjoy your day

Simply Victoria said...

What a pretty bag! Glad you feeling a bit better. Take care.

butterfly said...

Your bag looks great .
So glad to here you are both doing well, hugs.

Teresa said...

Wonderful bag, looks super.
I hope the little petunia doesn't get stepped on.

SoCal Debbie said...

The ham sounds perfect! Congratulations on keeping your sewing machine running with no problems for 25 years!