Thursday, April 4, 2013

11 eggs

Yesterday for a brief time Mrs Quail left the planter and I counted 11, yes 11 eggs.
She is living in the planter on the far left of the picture. It is 24 inches high.The plant in it is called Elephant Food. Normally quail lay their eggs on the ground in a shallow dirt spot... no nesting fluff. For some reason she likes this planter. When the babies finally leave it, they must jump off the rim and I get so nervous if I am there when this happens as I have been for one of the 4 times. I won't even go into some of the mishaps we have faced which is why Mr H is not happy about Mrs Quail. The first time we were excited to have them until the problems began. They are adorable to watch and the parents very attentive. But and it is a bug But!
On the stitching front, I am still cutting the threads on the Hardanger piece. Still stitching on my BBD exchange so I can not show you that.... and next week will help as she needs it, my lovely neighbor start a cross stitch project. Jeanne is a wonderful quilter who is getting ready to stitch a sampler from Milady Designs. I do not think she will need much help, but I do enjoy sharing when I can. I have not mention this but, before I caught this cold/flu and have spent weeks trying to feel well, Shirlee sent me the name and telephone number of a tatter right near to me. I plan to call her this weekend now that I am over hopefully free of the cold/flu. I admit to not even picking up any sort of tatting recently, but I am hoeful that I can get some expert help.
Recently I found that several emails/blog comments were sent to my junk folder?! I never think of looking there.... but I will now. So if I have not responded to you, that is probably why. I usually just empty it and never check it. I promise I do so. I will draw the name for the bunny pattern this Friday... and post the name and get it into the mail by Saturday. It is always so nice to have you visit with me.... hope you have a great day. Thank you for the kind words and emails....

4 comments:

Lee said...

Mrs Quail has certainly been a busy lady.
Have a nice day

Shirlee said...

So glad you are feeling better! My husband & I love quail! I wish we could have some but there is no way to stop them from getting out of the yard, & we also have a fox who roams around the yard now & then. I don't know why ... there's nothing here for him to eat. I guess he just likes seeing our gardens or something : ) Looking forward to hearing about your meeting with the tatter!

Teresa said...

Can't wait to see the little quail trying to leave the pot. 11 eggs sure seems like alot.

Julie said...

That's a big clutch of eggs.