Tuesday, April 2, 2013

First cut is always the hardest

This morning I picked up my tiny scissors
and made the first cuts of many. Once I start, I do feel better but I will not relax until I see all the threads cut and correct. I took the time to press the linen only to start to get it all wrinkled again. I just had to stop at this point so I could catch my breath..... and relax. I will work a little more in the wee hours tomorrow. In the meantime an update on Mrs Quail...there are now 9 eggs...I think...well, she is in there so I can not be sure. As of yesterday there were 9 eggs. It now is the wait game. I am off to work shortly and must have my breakfast so I will say thank you for visiting with me and have a great day.

12 comments:

Terri said...

Your hardanger piece is looking very nice! Can't wait to see it finished!

cucki said...

Wow it is looking so sweet x

pam said...

It is looking great- Nothing like that first cut stress! I must agree

Lee said...

What a difference to the look of a piece once you start cutting some of the areas. Its looking so good.

busyhands said...

Looks lovely!

Christine said...

It is always a nerve wracking moment when you first cut into your Hardanger, but it is looking beautiful

Teresa said...

Never done hardanger so I can imagine how nervous you were in the cutting. It is just lovely.

Annette-California said...

Wow! Its gorgeous Grace. I see how cutting the threads makes it look so different. Oh I love getting to see your progress. Stunning. love Annette

Silverlotus said...

It is looking lovely. Cutting is always the most nerve-wracking part, I think.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Oh Gracie, I'm the same way - love to save/use old lace but fret fret fret about cutting it, lol Glad to know it's not just me fretting over such a thing!

Hugs
Issy

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

It's a beautiful pattern Gracie and beautiful work too. I used to do quite a bit of hardanger and like the idea of getting back into it. And yes I have cut the wrong threads sometime but they usually be hidden somehow. I am looking forward to seeing the finished stitchery.

Julie said...

The cutting bit always brings me out in a cold sweat, i put it off for so long and then when its done wonder what all the panic was about. Yours looks beautiful.