Monday, February 18, 2013

What a face...

Yesterday Mr H and I went to the Arabian Horse Show....
I fell in love with this beauty....and all of the others too. Their eyes are soulful. The riders are so in control, well, at least they look it.  Watching them strut around the ring both indoors and outside is watching precision team work. I am amazed  the judges could pick winners. The weather was just right. and the crowd manageable.  The entries came from all over the states and the world. There were over 2000 horses! the riders, groomers and owners.... lots of people for each horse.  It was amazing to see the youngsters all dressed and mounted with their beautiful horses.  A very pleasant afternoon.
Of course I did not get much stitching accomplished. I am working on the second side of the Hardanger piece.  I did go to the library to pick up the books on Tatting. They all have advanced work and use the shuttle method. Not much use for me. I will try to follow a pattern or two using the needle method. I will just have keep looking for needle tatting patterns or try again to use the shuttle. If anyone has any ideas.... I am ready to listen and learn.  The weather is looking mighty nice again for today. I hope to get outside to sit and stitch for a time.  I do hope your day is relaxed. Thank you for the kind words and emails....your friendship is treasured....

6 comments:

Meggie said...

Hello Gracie

What a beautiful horse!
Sounds like you had a good day.
Hope you enjoy your time stitching outside.

cucki said...

Aww sound like you had a good day..
Lovely horses..
Love for you x

Stacie said...

How wonderful you got to go to the Arabian horse show! They have been my favorite breed since I was a kid.
If you use YouTube, you can find some decent tatting videos to learn from. Not sure if a link will work here but I tried this one ages ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73luorqg8v4&feature=related

Annette-California said...

What a fun outing. Sounds like you and Mr. H had a great time:)
love Annette

Julie said...

A beautiful horse.

Angela P said...

I love Horse shows too. My favorite time of year is when Spruce Meadows show jumping competition starts! Stallions are my favorite type of horse but Arabians are beautiful too.

Sounds like you had a fun day.