Friday, February 22, 2013

There is Tat and then there is Tat

Tat...it can be a tattoo... but in this case it is a Tatted motif. I am not finding many needle tatting projects, so I decided to try... operative word here...try to convert a shuttle pattern to needle.
The very center worked, and then the next row also..... I will admit to a few issues with the 3rd and 4th row. I need to work on the tension more and then it will not twist ... that is my theory and I am sticking to it. All in all, it does not look too bad. My plan is to attach it to a ring as a sun catcher. My next motif will be with beads. I am determined to learn to follow the patterns. I picked up a package of 2 shuttles, but so far I am all thumbs....

Speaking of thumbs.... my thumb is starting to feel better. All I can say is thank goodness for spell check as I type.... cause my thumb is not exactly co-operating the space bar with this post.  It finally seems to have stopped bleeding and is less sore. Amazing how many things you need your thumb for!
I have been busy since getting up at 2:30..... I pinned my patchwork for the bag I am making. Re-cut a few squares with a new piece of fabric. I was not happy with one of the fat quarters in the bundle that I bought. This new fabric will also be the lining. I have the oven on self clean.... hate that cleaning smell... but it beats doing it by hand. I will begin the 3rd  side of the Hardanger roses... My sewing  will wait till the weekend.... Sunday/Monday for me.... and I will be doing some finish work for Dear Ziz... hopefully over the weekend.  A big welcome to a few new followers and thank you to all of you who leave kind words and e-mails.... whatever you do today, enjoy!
 

13 comments:

Vickie said...

I am impressed Gracie. Good for you. It is so pretty. I think you are going to need a nap soon!!

cucki said...

wow it is really looking so good..
big hugs x

CalamityJr said...

Glad to hear your thumb pain is lessening. I'm surprised you didn't need stitches! Love your tatting. I knew a blind lady who did beautiful tatting.

Lelia said...

Looks nice to me! All I can say is practice, practice, practice ; )

diamondc said...

I am so jealous I do wish I could tat, knit or crochet, wait I can crochet a chain stitch.
Love the pattern.
Catherine

Annette-California said...

I'm totally impressed. Its looking so pretty Gracie. Have a great weekend. love Annette

Simply Victoria said...

Very pretty! Glad your thumb is healing.

Patty C. said...

awesome Gracie !!

butterfly said...

Looking very pretty, Hope your thumb will be better soon, hugs.

Nicola said...

Amazon may have some second hand books on tatting. I often find vintage craft books for a penny plus postage.

Anne said...

Wow! The lace is gorgeous and it must be difficult to make. I hope your thumb is feeling better!!

Julie said...

Very impressive, so pretty

Sandra Kaye said...

Wow you are brave..that is something I never even tried..it looked to hard LOL!!!!