Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Spring trimming

Mr H could not resist the beautiful weather yesterday...
So out came the ladder and the pruning shears.... and notice where I am. That's right, stitching. Well to be honest, I did stop long enough to snap these pictures. The Mallow is in bloom--- again. It seems this plant is always with flower lately.  The frost did not touch it as was the case with so many of the other plants. While he had the shears in hand, he also cut back the Honeysuckle which has a lot of damage. It is now a wait and see which bounce back.
We did enjoy sitting outside. Eventually Mr H was content to sit  and even snap the picture of me stitching. I almost finished side 2 of the roses...
I managed to give it a quick press. I still am not too pleased with the satin stitches... but they will do. My leaves are a little off here and there but overall, it does not show. I have just the center bottom rose to stitch but really needed a break.
I was online earlier looking at tutorials for needle tatting. I will be practicing more of that this week. I am going to try to convert shuttle to needle for a couple of patterns that I found. I do not mind the videos, but I like to have the printed work in front of me.
I started a sewing project. A patchwork type bag---- just need to move along with it. Sometimes I wonder why I am doing what I do! How I think I will have enough time to do all that I plan.  Then I tell myself, go with the flow. So right now, that flow is telling me that I need breakfast and coffee. Whatever your day holds for you, I hope it is pleasant. Thank you for chatting with me....thank you for the kind words.... thank you for being you!

7 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching..
Enjoy your day x

butterfly said...

Your roses are looking so good.
Hope you are enjoying nice sunny days, we have sunshine but cold winds.hugs

Carolyn said...

Our weather was nice a few days ago and now we have cooler weather returning for a couple of days. Darn it!

Your roses are beautiful. Your doing a great job!

Annette-California said...

I clicked on your photo to make it larger - and I started laughing. I didn't see Mr. H peeking through the leaves. And I waved to you Grace - LOL. Stitching outside, you have the best light. Yes just go with the flow grace:) Your roses are soo beautiful. love Annette

Angela P said...

I love your new project and think the leaves look wonderful :)

Sometimes the best way to look at life is to take everything one day at a time. Not always an easy thing to do though :)

Kaisievic said...

You look so content sitting there, stitching. That is why we do what we do.

Julie said...

There is nothing nicer that seeing a pic of a fellow crafter with needle in hand, you can almost feel the relaxation it gives in your own body, you look so contented.