Sunday, February 10, 2013

A beautiful day in the neighborhood....

Fred Rogers started his day with that... a nice way to start a Sunday.  The sun is bright and the birds are having breakfast at the feeder.  We had a few very busy days at Jo Ann's.... glad to be off for a few.  I met a young woman who was purchasing some of our Special Occasion fabric. I thought she may be making a christening gown.... no, it was a burial gown for a friend's newborn.  The baby had been buried earlier yesterday and the mother asked if she would duplicate the gown for a keepsake...Yes, this lady had already made the gown once.  What a thoughtful thing to do for a friend.  We had a nice chat while I cut the fabric and she showed me the picture of the first gown...beautiful does not cover my thoughts. In the midst of the hustle and bustle on Saturday, I found a few minutes of calm...I do not know this woman's name, but I do thank her as I did then for that moment.  Just wanted to share....
On th the winner of my Un-Birthday drawing...
it is Shelly... I have already emailed her and now wait for her info. I have asked her a few questions so that I can personalize her gift. Thank you all for the birthday wishes and for entering your name.  I am slowly stitching the rose motifs on my hardanger piece..... not a big fan of satin stitching with pearl cotton. For a short time I did pull out some lovely coordinating cottons to plan a sewing bag.... just can't make up my mind so that is put aside until later.  Back to working on the motifs for now.
Not sure what is in store for today...shh--- Mr H is still sleeping. He is not an early riser like me. Whatever your plans are, have fun. Thank you for sharing a few minutes with me.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Ahhhh... Mr. Rogers. I love Mr. Rogers, always have. I grew up in a rough childhood, and he was always there for me. Made me feel loved and safe actually. Well, anyways that customer sounds like a very caring person.

Meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Such a sad story but a very touching gesture by a friend.
Hope you have a good week.

Kaisievic said...

What a lovely story - that lady is indeed a good friend. Congrats to Shelly for winning your giveaway. Have a great day.

Cindy said...

Beautiful story. A few minutes of calm is always a special gift. I am in the Phoenix area, email me if you would like to get together to stitch, we had emailed before Christmas. Cynthia.earnhardt@gmail.com

Lee said...

What a special moment you shared.
Enjoy your days off

stitcheranon said...

Oh how sad...a beautiful story. Your lovely fabric came today. I was so touched, thank you. I will mention in on the RAK blog later today when I have taken a piccie. I am planning something special to do with this xx Thank you with all my heart xx

Nicola said...

Oh Gracie how touching. This post will stay with me for a long time.

Julie said...

How sad, and yet how lovely that this lady was able to find you to open her heart to and show another crafter what a wonderful thing she had done for her friend.