Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Dragonfly and a different needle in hand

We all like receiveing packages in the mail.... sis Lynowl sent me a birthday gift from a jewelry designer that I really like. They are local to Rhode Island, they are Alex and Ani...
They have many lovely bracelets and I am lucky to have several and now this one. I love love dragonflies.  Check out their web site... click their name in this post.
On the stitching front, I am working on my hardanger piece right now.... a different needle in hand. Sometimes I need a break from cross stitch.  I love all kinds of hand work and stitching.... I plan to unseat Guinevere and use the sewing machine this weekend on another project. Gotta keep my brain moving.
The sun finally is shining. It looked like a cloudy day was in store for us. My family and friends back in Rhode Island are in the midst of the blizzard.... so far all of them still have electricity and with a driving ban on, they should stay safe. When I was a little girl "in the olden days", we would bundle up and walk to all the family house...we all lived in the same neighborhood...literally. There was a family member on just about every street! Pretty much we would all find ourselves down to grandma's house.  This picture of sis Lynowl (the little one) and me was taken February 1952...look at our muffs! and furry hats to match! In those days, mom dressed us alike just different colors with the coat and leggings. What a pair.....
I am off to embroider my roses and then to work. Hve a wonderful day.
Reminder.....today is the last day to enter my drawing... see this post....

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Aww! What a pair is right. So sweet. Love those muffs. When the boys were little I dressed them alike. ;)

Julie said...

You girls really look nice and cosy in those outfits.

Anthea said...

Gracie, what a cute pic of you with your Sis, very cute indeed!
Your Humbug turned out really well, as I see it on a recent post. I did buy a kit for one, it's on its way from the US.
The bracelet is pretty, enjoy x