Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blog-cation over....

You have heard the word Stay-cation....well this week I took a blog-cation. That's right, just relaxed, 4 days off from work, did some stitching and just did very little of anything!
Thank you for the birthday wishes...and for entering for my Un-Birthday drawing...just a few days left to let me know you want to enter... Sunday is the draw. Remember the loss sunglasses? Well, Mr H and I looked everywhere .... in the house, in the car, in my handbag, in the car, on the desk, in the car.... well, they have been found. Mr H and I got in the car on Tuesday to run an errand and there they were... on the floor. The drivers side specifically. I really believe my fairies had them all along. Just glad to have them back.
I did try more Tatting...

I managed to make a butterfly.... upon closer inspection, I see a mistake, but that is okay... the next one will be perfect.  Some things I can do sitting in the living room, TV on and Mr H there... I see that this is not one of them.  I went into "the closet" to look for one thing and found something else...this seems to be happening lately. Anyway, it was  Hardanger project started ... never mind when, just that it was started.  It is a large piece that will measure about 17" in diameter.
It is a Cindy Valentine Design called China Rose.  There is an option of 2 color ways...I chose the Victorian ... the other was blues.  The complete outside border and inside borders are finished. I am stitching the motifs then I will continue with the specialty stitches. Yes, it is a bit wrinkled, but it is getting pretty scrunched up doing the stitching.
As if I do not have enough projects, I tried... tried to make some soap scrubs. You know the ones with Dove and sugar. Well, it seems that my sugar melts and it is not a scrub anymore.  If anyone has any suggestions... let me know what I am doing wrong.  In the meantime.... I will continue  to stitch as this, I know how!  Time for me to have some breakfast .... so I will say thank you for spending some time with me and thank you for the kind words.... have a great day.

13 comments:

Angela Cruz-Garcia said...

Lovely work. As far as your sugar scrub...(I haven't tried it myself yet) but I have read that you need to add sugar until it doesn't melt. You should have a full jar of sugar and only about a tablespoon or two of liquid soap.

Hope this helps.

Terri said...

My DIL made me a sugar scrub and it looks like very coarse sugar.
I have that same hardanger piece started too! I may have to get it out soon. I even chose the same colorway!

cucki said...

Lovely work..
Love x

Vickie said...

Wow Gracie! You are talented!

Vickie said...

Wow Gracie! You are talented!

SoCal Debbie said...

Your tatting and Hardanger work looks lovely! You are so talented, Gracie!

Teresa said...

Lovely butterfly.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

vicki said...

Gracie-- don't blog cations pass by so quickly??? Wow-- your tatting is so beautiful-- just amazing!
Vicki

Carolyn said...

Both the tatting and Hardanger pieces look great.

Glad you found those sunglasses.

Hugs!

Nicola said...

I love Cindy Valentine's designs and have a few in my stash. Your tatting looks so pretty.

I am so pleased that the fairies have given up your sunglasses.

Julie said...

Good news your sunglasses have turned up. A very pretty butterfly and the hardanger looks so pretty.

Kaisievic said...

The hardanger project is very pretty and so glad that the elves/fairies returned your glasses.

geeky Heather said...

That hardanger piece looks like it's going to be lovely!! The butterfly is beautiful. I haven't tatted in a long while!