Tuesday, February 12, 2013

One side finished...and Apple Pie

I have been working to complete one side of rose motifs....
 And they are looking pretty nice. I am not used to satin stitch with #8 Pearl Cotton...does not lie as flat as floss or specialty threads.   I even did a quick pressing! Three sides to go......and of course all the cut work.
We had a nice quiet weekend.  As you can see, some of my time was stitching. We visited a jeweler yesterday...but more on that later....we also visited Fry's Market but I bet you are not interested in what food we brought home. How about the apple pie I made...
it is almost gone! I must say it was...Yumm! I may not cook, but I love to bake.  Mr H made a nice pot of Manhattan clam chowder.... I will enjoy that tonight. Especially since it was a very chilly day yesterday and will be so today. We even had rain late yesterday and a crack of thunder.... yes, just about one load noise and then it all stopped and the sun came back out.  Crazy time of year for weather.

I am still waiting for Shelly to email me regarding the drawing... I mailed my BBD exchange out and my RAK to Gaynor aka stitcheranon was finally at it's destination in Ireland.  Off to work today...but first I must finish the laundry, and have a breakfast and .... well, it is a good thing that I work 12 to 5.

A quote from Abraham Lincoln on his birthday...
"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."  Today, I have made up my mind to be happy...hope you have a happy day too.

7 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet roses..very cute..
Love for you x

Meggie said...

Hello Gracie

Your stitching looks beautiful and the apple pie looks delicious. Mr H's chowder sounds lovely too.

Minnie said...

Gorgeous stitching, I can hardly wait to see more.

Brigitte said...

Gorgeous, your Hardanger piece. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful stitched roses Grace. And your apple pie looks soooooo tempting. Soup and pie - YUM!
Happy Valentines to you. love Annette

Julie said...

mmmm nothing nicer than home baked apple pie.

Super progress on the stitching front.

SoCal Debbie said...

Your stitching is beautiful and that apple pie looks scrumptious!