Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Postman Always Rings Twice----

~~~~~"A married woman and a drifter fall in love then plot to murder her husband......."
No No No...first of all I do not like my mailman and secondly  I would never plot to murder Mr H. I would have to find a few good men to replace him or one very good man then break them/him in all over again. I am not as young as I once was --- oh never the mind.   But, I did have 2, count them 2 days of wonderful finds in my mailbox. The first was a RAK from Jodi...
All set for Valentines Day with sweets and heart trimmed ribbon and fabric too.... and 2 very nice patterns. Thank you Jodi...

The next day --- another RAK, this time from Carolyn. Thank you my friend---- I always meant to buy both of these, but they just seemed to remain on my wish list. Now I have them! This new blog group is the best. Have you visited and seen the lovely RAKs traveling about? We are a sharing people.
We had another busy day at work and I think today maybe also. People are in the Valley for the PR Chang Rock N Roll Marathon which is this Sunday. I really admire those who participate. The temps for the race are going to be excellent... starting with mid 40's then by 1 PM when many will finish it is going to be in the 60's. I will keep track between stitches from one of my corners. A big play-off game on Sunday...The NE Patriots vs The Ravens.....my team the Pats and Susan (Plays With Needles) The Ravens.... anyone else out there for one of these 2 fine teams?
I have been stitching a bit on my Winter Humbug, but until the weekend, there is only slow stitching. I am hoping to finish the stitch part this weekend so I can move on with a few other things. I am trying to stay on one project at a time like I used to do.... let's see if I have restraint. If I were a bettor, I would have to bet against myself! Anyway, I wish you all a wonderful day and weekend.....so happy you stopped by.

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Morning Gracie! Wonderful RAKs you've received. And I do like my mailman but just because he's giving me stitchy stuff!

Now I'm mostly a Steelers fan, I'm rooting for the Ravens just because linebacker Ray Lewis is retiring at the end of this season and I think he should go out with a bang!

Have a great weekend too!

butterfly said...

Lovely RAKs , what a great site this is.
You are very good staying with one thing at a time I just can't do that never mind thats me.

Vickie said...

;) You can do it Gracie! I find satisfaction in doing one project at a time. That's me. Now, I do not always finish them immediately....

cucki said...

Aww sweet RAK :)
Yup you can do it dear,,,love for you x

Meg said...

Hello

Just found you!

What lovely presents you recieved.
I enjoyed looking at your blog with it's lovely stitching.

Dawn said...

Lovely RAK's!

Patty C. said...

Congrats Gracie!

Julie said...

Very pretty parcels. I hope your team won.