Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday can be an off day....

I do not usually mind Mondays... after all it is a day off from work, I have had the Sunday off  so I am rested. Today, not so. I woke with a minor headache, and it feels like all my body is aching.... no, not the flu, just an off Monday. Our Sunday football game was a loser. The Patriots lost to The Ravens... but I am not going to think about how bad they played. Move on...
I did more on Winter Humbug but haven't taken a picture yet..... tomorrow. I am trying to plan my Needlework Book for the Needlework Masters Monthly SAL that I decided to join just recently so I am a bit behind everyone else. I have all the makings, just have to get going. I hope to do that today. Like I said, this feels like an off day...to be honest its started yesterday! Finally our temperatures are getting back to normal so the urge to just sit outside is pulling me harder. I do enjoy taking my project outside either the front porch or the lanai....that might be a good thing for today. First there will be a few errands to run...then sit outside. I know some of you  are in the snow....I truly do not miss those days. But, I will admit that there was always something special about being the first to walk in a snow covered park, to be out very early while it was gently falling to the ground. Then the reality of having to get back inside and shake of the tiny frozen snow balls that cling to you and then to dry off and then to warm up....I do not miss the snow...well, maybe the thoughts are nice! I do enjoy looking at you wonderful pictures when I visit from the comfort of my kitchen....
The other day Mr H picked some lemons from the tree on our property....
He had also picked up a small watermelon from the market. The lemons smell wonderful but that watermelon was not as sweet as it looks! Then he decided to make a drink for me using the fresh lemons and some lemon sorbet and vodka...that was not very good. But those lemons smell so good.....
Well, the laundry is ready for the dryer, I need another cup of tea, and maybe, just maybe I will have the urge to stitch. Do have a wonderful day...see you all tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie... I am really interested to see your humbug... there is a feature & designs for them in one of my cross stitch magazines, I might just be tempted to make one! x

cucki said...

Aww me so much wanted to see your humbug too :)
Hugs xx

Meg said...

Hello

Hope you feel better soon.
Looking forward to seeing your humbug.

Fiore said...

Wonderful lemons, they look like the famous ones from Sorrento, known everywhere in the world. And if you say they smell wonderful, probably they come from my country, just few KMs from me!
Take care, dearie.

Julie said...

I hope after a good nights sleep you wake to a much better day tomorrow. xxx

butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling better today.
Looking forward to seeing your humbug, hugs.