Thursday, January 24, 2013

The book is ready----

I joined as I mentioned a post or two back, the Needlework Masters SAL... and submitted my cover picture to Barbara
as well as my January page.  I decided to stitch a plastic sleeve to the back side of each page so I can insert a card with page info.  For January I chose Ribbon embroidery Iris's and a tiny knitted sock. The sock is correct in all ways including the heel turning!  The cover design is Little House Needlework "Needle and Thread". It has been just waiting for the right finish and so it has a place now. I suppose I could embellish the page more...we shall see.  Getting a couple of RAKs ready for mailing as well as my BBD Exchange piece.  I really like how it finished.I will post a picture soon. The day was absolutely beautiful yesterday.... enjoyed a short work with Mr H to a neighborhood store.  We did go buy some chocolates at the Mall...See's Candy.... one of my must haves!  Well, the coffee is brewed and I have some looking for an old pattern to do... I hope you all have a great day. Thank you for visiting with me today....


10 comments:

Meg said...

Hello Gracie

Your page is beautiful - I just love the sock!

cucki said...

Your book is looking so pretty and cute page :)
Pretty sock x

Dawn said...

I love the sock, it is too cute, I also love the cover page.

Sheila said...

Your book and page are so pretty. I have the LHN piece stitched and waiting to decide hoe to finish.

Minnie said...

I am a big fan of Little House charts and your book cover is fantastic. The ribbon embroidery and tiny sock are gorgeous, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have for February.

Julie said...

Aww cute tenet tiny sock. Such beautiful pages.

Annette-California said...

Oh Gracie your book is so Beautiful. Love everything stitch you made:) That sock is precious - wayyy to cute.
love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Catching up on the reading! Love your Just Nan Humbug, the finishing puts me off starting one of them though.
I also wanted to do the Needlemasters book challenge but had to call a stop to signing up for too many challenges this year. I'm following the blog though and loving all the work.

Nicola said...

Your page is brilliant, looking forward to seeing February's.

Caitlin Jordan said...

gorgeous book!