Thursday, January 17, 2013

Having a heat wave....

Well, not exactly. The temps are going back to normal...should be around 70 today and that will feel like a heat wave for sure. The one thing you can count on, not matter what the temperture is or the winds, is the Gold Finches....
Their bright yellow sparkles in the sun... before you know it everyone joins in and then the bickering starts and the flutter for position. I love the sweet sounds they make when they talk. Others join in and sometimes I actually go out to clear them away so they can all start again with less fighting.
I did manage to stitch these last few days in between getting Mr H to the doctor and the stitches out. Yes! Things are back to normal. He even is driving my  our car. His hand looks good and more than I was when I had the surgery, he is able to use it except for lifting. Oh... the stitching...

Fred showed up and caused me much displeasure!

There could have been all 3 motifs stitched! He really put a stop to my stitching energy for a bit! Not to worry, he is back on his magnet and this time he is going to stay. I will only tolerate one visit during a project... so I say. I love Just Nan designs. The Humbugs are so nice to do. This is my second one I am stitching. A time back I did her Summer one. Maybe I should get the others...
After the holiday, I did some moving things about the house. Well, with the addition of my rocker, I decided to make a little corner for myself in our bedroom....

The floor length window has wonderful light and the low glass table allows some space to hold my tea and of course a few other items. Digger fits perfectly on the arm of the chair and the thick cushions are comfy. The tray at the bottom of the table has a few antique doilies.... they are at least 40+ years old and see the sweet dog? It was a gift when I first moved away form RI from my nephew and his mom for my birthday. The blue box holds a card "...since we can't be there with you he can be here all the time". It is so soft and a daily reminder of 2 people I love dearly. The small red head doll is from a gift shop in Cave Creek AZ..imported from Mexico. I call her Mexicana Rose. Yes, my sunflower pincushion and hard to see is a white fat cat and a lovely candy dish . I love to surround myself with nice memories...
I am back to work today..... armed with my sanitizer and tissues. Thank you for the kind words and for taking time to visit. Stay warm wherever you may be and have a great day.

9 comments:

Teresa said...

Your little corner looks so comfy.
Love the Just Nan you are stitching, can't wait to see more.
We too have warmer weather and it is wonderful. Enjoy yours.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

cucki said...

Aww your corner looks so sweet and cozy...
Sweet stitching project...
Love for you x

Lee said...

Enjoyed stopping by and visiting your corner.
Interesting to see how different the goldfinches are to the ones we have in NZ which have red on their heads closest we have to your birds are the ones known here as greenfinches

Kathy Ellen said...

Love your new JN project. I just purchased the Winter design to stitch and can't wait to start it.

Your newly created nook looks very cozy and inviting. Hope that you enjoy spending lots of quiet moments there, sipping your tea and relaxing.

Blessings!

SoCal Debbie said...

That's very generous of you to allow Fred to visit once per project! Your rocker with cushions looks so comfy. How nice to surround yourself with happy memories.

Fiore said...

Glad everything's going back to normal.
Nice stitching, it seems so cute and I look forward to seeing more.
I also love your cozy corner. I think rockets are not only confortable but also romantic, expecially when your memories surround you and the Gold Finches twitter around your home.
Have a nice day.

butterfly said...

Lovely little corner to stitch in . Good to see your getting back to normal, we are getting colder.Love the little yellow birds. Nice stitching.

Nicola said...

You would not want to be in the UK this morning brrrrr its freezing.

Julie said...

Such a cosy corner