Saturday, July 28, 2012

Welcome to my Tea time....

Oh I am so happy to have you join me for tea today....
For me, having a cup of tea anytime of the day is relaxing. I love the first sip the best. Whether by the pot or just a cup at a time, it can be a celebration. So I invite you to celebrate our friendship, not just today, but for  time to come. I offer you White Pomegranate tea, Dragon Oolong tea, Blueberry Pomegranate tea or English Breakfast tea. Please help yourself to a Milano cookie and a piece of See's chocolate. Although I did not bake today, here is a quick and delicious recipe.
Fresh Apple Cake
2 eggs                                   2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar                        1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup oil                             1 cup flour
2 to 3 apples, peeled and sliced....not too thin
Beat eggs well then add the sugar beating again. Add oil then flour and baking powder. Mix the cinnamon with the apples slices and fold into the mixture. It will be thick. Pour into an 8 inch greased and floured pan...bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. I have also made this with peaches and pears. Enjoy. It was a pleasure having you visit today...do come back real soon. I am off now to sample some tea ... maybe with you!
Note: This grand tour party is being hosted by Parsley at Seasons of my Mind. Be sure to stop by here and find out who else is having tea!~ 

12 comments:

Trace4J said...

Morning New Friend
What a beautiful table you have.
So many varieties of tea to choose I may convert from my coffee.
I love apple anything so I will surely try this recipe.
And oh boy do I love Milano's and See's candies.
Thank you for inviting me.
Hugs & JOY
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

thegreytail said...

it all looks super delicious.. we definitely have to do this in person one day!! :D
enjoy the tea.. and happy xxx!

Daffycat said...

A lovely tea! The cake with fresh fruit sounds delish!

cucki said...

aww thank you for such a lovely tea party..i love it so much.
the cake is so yummyyyyyyyy
hugs xxx

Parsley said...

I enjoyed your tea party! Please leave a comment on my tea party so others can visit yours and get your recipe. I can't wait to try it!

Vickie said...

You know what Gracie? I do not care for tea, but the Blueberry pomegranate sounds good. I would definitely eat your chocolates and milano cookies. ;)

Cardygirl said...

Hi Gracie...I will have white pomegranite!

Fiore said...

It sounds so delicious! Only one question: isn't it too hot for a warm tea?

And This Little Pig said...

Oh Dragon Oolong tea sounds divine, and a Milano cookie, thank you.

LiBBiE in Oz

Kaisievic said...

Your tea party looks lovely, I would love a cup of English Breakfast tea, please.

Anne said...

Oh I love your pretty tea party!! Glad you wore your white gloves too! I'll have some dragon oolong because it's sounds amazing!! Thanks for the lovely apple cake! I'll have to give a try one day!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm actually reading this at suppertime but apple cake sounds fine to me any time of the day!
Thank you for being a most gracious hostess.