Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another 100

What a sky we gazed upon last night...
first it was very dark and gloomy...then the bright pinks and lavenders appeared to dazzle us. Some of the Valley got rain and lightening but alas we did not get any much wanted and needed rain in our neighborhood.
I had the day off, so I was able to stitch and relax and host a tea. Parsley from Seasons of my Mind and her daughter decided to have a blog tea. Several of us hosted and posted recipes. It was a great way to make a few new friends... welcome to those who have joined me.
I did manage another 100 on Iris...
I love the shade of this block. I really find that I am best to only do one block of 100 at a sitting...
I am moving along nicely on Yellow Bird...the stitching just may be finished today. I am trying to plan a final finish...a few ideas are floating around my mind. I have several other thoughts floating around there too. My trip to Rhode Island is soon approaching. I am so excited to be having The Cousin's Re-union. My brother has been very accommodating with my plans. My suitcase is open and ready for the what to bring.... all casual and relaxed stuff. My stitch projects and a beading project are set. I plan to take lots of pictures and make memories. I have put together a small photo album of my world here in Arizona for them to see.
The laundry is finished, my coffee is brewing and the newspaper is waiting. Are you watching any of the Olympics? I used to be  such a faithful watcher, but not so in recent years. I did catch the women's weightlifting event...not going there! Maybe I will listen while I read the paper. So very glad you stopped by today. Hope your day is great....

5 comments:

Annie said...

Hello

I've just come across your blog.
What a beautiful sunset!
Your Iris wip is looking lovely.
I think the tea-party idea was great.

Happy stitching!

cucki said...

aww very lovely sunset..
your wip is coming along so lovely.
hugs xx

And This Little Pig said...

Congrats on your another 100, looks like a true BAP!

Enjoy your trip.

LiBBiE in Oz

Fiore said...

Grace, you're fast with your HEAD, it looks great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I did enjoy the tea parties although I did not post myself. It was a lovely idea of Parsley's.

Gorgeous sunset too, now what colours would you stitch that in?