Monday, July 30, 2012

One of those Monday's

You know the kind of Monday I am talking about. This day started at 1 am when Ms Zoe wanted someone to sit in the living room with her while she slept...that's right. She fell back to sleep, me, I tried to... in the end I did laundry, had a cup of coffee, read the newspaper, and got an embroidery design ready to work on. Speaking of embroidery...
This is one of Kaaren's  of The Painted Quilt, FFF patterns. She made hers into a pincushion... I am thinking something else for mine. I am still in the figure the measurement mode, but it will come together. I love the blue floral which will be the back/inside sections. Stitched with DMC 796. 
The design I will work on next is from a Primitive Angel pattern book that I have had for ages. The hold up is deciding which of 3 shades to use for the embroidery. I  have a lovely floral print that will be with it and when finished, it will cover a journal notebook.
We had a dust storm hit us late yesterday afternoon...and then finally some rain. Today is starting cloudy and not too uncomfortable out there. Perfect day to stitch. I am almost finished with the stitching for Yellow Bird...
I was asked how Zoe is doing. Well, it would be funny if it did not bring tears to my eyes. Yesterday I let her into the backyard as usual. She did her thing and then I noticed she was wandering around aimlessly. I realized she was "lost". She really did not know how to get back to me to come in. Let me tell you, we do not have  a gigantic yard. So far her brain mass has cause little problems...this was upsetting to me. Finally I went to her and gently prodded her toward the door. Just another day.
Thank you all who attended my tea party this weekend. It's these little adventures that give us pleasure and make new friends. I do hope you have a wonderful day.....

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hello

Poor Zoe, it's quite amazing what we do for our pets. I hope she won't need you by her tonight. It is upsetting when our furry friends become older.

Your embroidery pattern looks lovely!

Patty C. said...

Zoe's in charge! Lol
i like your emboidery ;)

cucki said...

aww I love Zoe so much...
Beautiful embroidery xxx

Vickie said...

Oh poor dear Zoe. I am sorry Gracie. It must be so hard to watch this. I hope and pray Mabel can even live to be an old lady, with her 2 discs slipped.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Gracie

So sorry to read of Zoe's confusion but you know I really believe that being in her much loved (and loving) home she feels safe, content and happy even when such bits 'o confusion occur.... (Not that it's in any way easy for you to see such things happen ~ no, not at all).

Still, being loved and loving in return makes any and all things easier to deal with - and no doubt how you and Zoe care about each other!

Now I must go see about your tea party I must have missed!

Hugs
Issy

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

oh dear - I'm sorry to hear about Zoe I can understand how upsetting that must have been for you - you have my sympathys - I read about your tea party sounds like you had a lovely time :)

Silverlotus said...

Your embroidery is so lovely. I almost want to give it a try myself.

And poor, Zoe. :( You are so good to her, though.