Sunday, July 22, 2012

Iris and beads...

Finally some color more than blues....
This is 200 stitches more and 37 colors of 90. I like that I finally see more than blue. My goal is to try...note the word try... to stitch 100 at least every other day. Mr H hopes that eventually this will be finished!

I plan to work on Yellow Bird today and Monday. The next stop for this pattern is Mouse. Our monthly stitch group is Monday and Yellow Bird will be perfect to work on there. I made a couple of bracelets. Would you like ...of course you would!
It may be hard to see, but the one to the left is a pale pink and green....the were super simple and quick to make. Then I finished another cigar box... you know how I love these boxes....

I left the outside and part of the inside as it is. I love the fabric that I used....and I left the inside flap so I used it for a pincushion. I love using them for my projects.  I just need to find the right closure for it. I still have at least 4 boxes in the closet waiting for their make-over. I have chosen the fabric, now to think of how I want to complete them.  Mr H asks whenever we are in the vicinity of the shop if I want to get more boxes.... such an enabler! Like I do not have enough started or to do!
Ms. Zoe is still on the mend. Believe it or not, her foot looks almost completely healed. Tomorrow will be her last dose of medication. Have I told you how I get her to take any pills? Why in a piece of Prosciutto di Parma of course. I guess I spoil her as much as Mr H does.
Late yesterday we had another Ha-boob...dust storm across the Valley. The dust is so fine it gets everywhere. The winds were so strong that it broke my lovely glass bird bath top. By nightfall we had lightening and thunder... but no real rain. At one point the storm was just overhead and very loud. Mr Zoe? .. she slept right through it.
Well my friends, I would love a cup of tea and some stitching. Thank you for visiting with me. Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

thegreytail said...

oh Gracie.. sorry to hear about the awful weather and the glass shattered..
it's good to know Zoe is doing better.. thank goodness!! (btw it's prosciutto di Parma, like the city :D)

Iris is such a demanding piece.. I admire your perseverance.. and what can I say about the other finishes..!! they're amazing, really amazing!
that cigar box?! a real treat!! wow!!
and they'll always carry the scent of tobacco.. wow..
(love the smell of unlit cigarettes, cigars, pipes.. only unlit though!! :D)
happy xxx, take care all of you..

Woman Seeking Center said...

Gracie as always, your projects are beautiful - I so enjoy seeing everything you create! What a clever idea too, incorporating the pin cushion into the box finish....

And I say 'hurrah!' for a DH who is also an enabler, lol. That is a good thing if you ask me :-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the goal of 100 stitches and close by commending Zoe on her excellent choice of pill-wrap-preferences! Wonderful to hear hear the wound is already well enroute to being fully healed.

TTYS!
hugs
Issy

cucki said...

Hello deary beautiful stitching like always ..
So sorry to hear about the glass shattered and the nasty weather..
Keep well
Hugs xxx

belle said...

Hello

Your stitching looks lovely.
Your bracelets and cigar tin are very pretty.
Glad Miss Zoe is healing.
Sorry to hear about your bird bath.

Annette-California said...

Your bracelets and Iris are lovely. So disappointing to hear your glass broke from the storm. You make the most beautiful boxes. So pretty Grace. love Annette

Brigitte said...

Wow, you made some n ice progress on your HAED piece. It's incredible how many colours you already had to use for this part. It looks gorgeous!