Friday, June 22, 2012

A win and a finish

Remember the start to my day yesterday?  I had a few minutes before walking out the door so I visited Kitten Stitching and Kaye announced that I was the winner of her 200th followers drawing! It certainly perked me up. I don't know what I won as it will be a surprise. Speaking of having 200 followers, it appears that I may also be there soon! I am still amazed at those who stopped to join me. Thank you all. Of course it will mean I will be having a giveaway.
On to my finish...
I decided to go ahead and make it a bracelet and then I added some beads. What I did not account for was the cutting and size. It would be a bit too tight so I added a small length of chain to one end. I think it is better because it really does not bend softly. I can't wait to make more. I think I may even include one in my next giveaway....

We are in for another hot day today. I had to chuckle at the weather report on TV this morning,. The weather person said we would be in for a cool spell by the weekend. The temps she posted were 106. The monsoon season is officially here so it may be some rain included. The plants will love it and truth be told, I welcome the sound of rain. Today I will be working with Iris and the Needle project. I plan... who knows. Still can't believe my follow count reached 199! My goodness! Thank you for sharing some time with me and I wish you a good day.

10 comments:

Minnie said...

I don't know how you stand it, I have a sister who also lives in AZ with those 100+ temps. Here on the east coast it's bad enough with 90s and humidity. Stay cool and please do make some more of those beautiful bracelets.

Tracey said...

Congrats on your win... what fun! Hopefully you have some relief from the heat where you are today. Our heat and humidity is gone today and we are enjoying a perfect summer day :-)

P.S. You have been tagged... see our post here: http://morethanjustcrossstitchin.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tag-youre-it.html

milly said...

Congratulations on your win.
I think your bracelet is lovely!

Where I live we've had rain for days now. Perhaps we could swap some of our rain for some of your sun? (:
Hope you enjoy your weekend.

thegreytail said...

congrats Gracie!!
:D

let's just hope for some beautiful rain.. how I miss those cool days..

Mouse said...

ooo well done on your blog win :) love the wee bracelet .... gorgeous bag in the previous post and hope miss Zoe is feeling better .... you have got some sleep and love your needle and thread start ... I've just finished mine :)
love mouse xxxxx

Sandra Kaye said...

Oh yeah!!! Your a winner!!!! Cool...and almost 200 followers...great job!! hugs

Annette-California said...

Lovely bracelet grace. And congrats on winning. Looking forward to seeing what you did win. After you of course:)
love Annette

SoCal Debbie said...

Cool spell of 106! LOL! Congratulations on winning and having almost 200 followers yourself, too!

geeky Heather said...

I love the way you added beads to the bracelet!! It looks very elegant. I'll try to post a picture of my kumihimo necklace with the beads woven in soon!

Mangogirl said...

lovely finish :D that bracelet is gorgeous!