Friday, April 6, 2012

A new chart and another rose

I won the drawing that Nicola had and it was for a HAED chart . I have never stitched one of their charts so I was happy to learn that it would be one of my choice. I just downloaded  it and hope to get a start on it soon.
 First I will have to gather up the 90 colors! I have many of them so it will be shop DMC at Jo Ann's today. This is called Iris.... and I do love Iris's and of course the colors are so lovely in this. I think I may have to pick up the 25ct white linen also.

I have finished the second rose on my BBD
I have the last leaf to stitch and still deciding whether to do the border or make a change....
I do like the border, but as I am not sure yet of the final finish, I will think more on it.

I thought I would show you a lovely Dahlia that I see out my kitchen window...
The bright yet subtle oranges are so soothing. It actually glows in the sunlight. Just right for a Spring bloom. I am off to work today... I would love to sit and stitch..... but I do have to get those DMC threads!
In response to a few emails, no Madame Muriel has not arrived. Don't worry, when she does you will know!
 If I do see you before Easter, I do hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. Thank you for visiting with me. Have a great day.

8 comments:

lesli said...

Congratulations on your win! Beautiful choice you made....there are so many HAED pieces I adore! I just finished my first HAED and I know you're going to enjoy yours!

pam said...

Iris is lovely- cannot wait to see it started. Dahlia's are lovely as well.

dulcinella said...

congratulations! you picked a wonderful chart. I hope you'll enjoy stitching on it a lot. Is this a very big chart? or are you stitching one over one? Just wondering as some of these HAEDS might be too big to get on 25 ct fabric

Grit said...

Wow, wundervoll finde ich Deine Arbeiten. Super, super schön. Werde in Zukunft öfter vorbei schauen.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

Vickie said...

Gracie that is a wonderful HAED chart. How different. Easter Blessings to you.

Anne said...

Oh I love the chart you got from HAED! It is gorgeous! You BBD roses are coming along beautifully. I am really loving that colour too!!

Annette-California said...

Lovely chart you won. Congratulations Grace. 90 colors - good thing you work at Jo Ann's:)

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :D

HAEDs are so much fun. A lot of work but lots of fun.