Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Blooms from a thoughtful friend ~

Mr H has in the past tried to grow Snapdragons from seed as well as buying plants. Never do they last.... here, outside our back gate is a deposit from one of the neighborhood feathered friends. I guess it is repayment for all the seeds we give them. Such a lovely pale pink. Just opposite this one is a white one....
Bright and lovely.  It is was very kind of the little winged friend to find a seed or  two and gift us with them. Seems it is the only way we will have them. Mind you, they get absolutely no care at all. No water and as rain is nil, I do not know how they are surviving.  As you can see, they are literally growing in a crack in the pavement! The trash and recycle trucks have been here weekly with no harm to them....really a gift.
I did get more stitching on my Roses from BBD....
I have finished another leaf with one more to stitch and began the second rose. This is really a very pleasant pattern to stitch. All of BBD patterns are.  When I think about it... there I go, thinking again.... more could have been finished on this..... but,I have had a very lazy couple of days. Actually, I think I needed them. Sometimes to clear away all the thoughts that float around in my head.
I am off to work today. Leaving earlier than normal so I can stop by to pick up my new glasses. A good test to have them at work and then if I need any adjustments I can return after work to have them done. So glad you had some time to visit with me. Have a wonderful day.....

7 comments:

Whytefeather said...

Lovely stitching! Very thoughtful of the birds to gift you snapdragons! Snapdragons have been a favorite of mine since I was little. Maybe I'll have to see if I can try some in a container this year :)

Vickie said...

Love those snapdragon gifts. Hope the adjustments on the new specs goes fine. Mine are still needing tweaking after a week. :( Easter Blessings to you Gracie. :)

Nancy said...

Snapdragons are so pretty! Glad the birds gifted you! Your stitching is lovely!

Vicky said...

Hi Grace, I have just nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can find the details on my blog :)

Lelia said...

lovely flowers --- and your BBD is moving along nicely.

I was looking for my BBD piece yesterday, and cannot find it. Imagine that?

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :D

Teresa said...

Love your rose, the blue shade is so pretty.
I think snapdragons are such a fun flower. Loved playing with them as a kid and still do.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches