Friday, March 2, 2012

My Japanese Thimble

Well it is finished....I have to admit that I am pleased with it. I thought I would not be but I am. I think it could be better, but for the first attempt it did finish nicely. Will i make another ... for sure...I did check to see how to make the base...as for the wrapping and the thread I will have to think more on that. I have a few thoughts on what I want to work on next.... but I just can't make up my mind. At the moment the work table has a Humbug kitted up, the felt for a penny rug, a UFO from BBD, and a possible pincushion. Decisions decisions. No matter what I decide on, I am off to work today and tomorrow which means some limited time to stitch.
I was sitting earlier with my first cup of coffee and thinking just how lucky I am. There are many who have little to no happiness in their life, no job or home life. Me? I have a loving husband, a senile pooch, and wonderful friends near and far. I have a sis who thinks nothing of calling almost everyday just to chat...did I mention the calls are at least 1 hour long! Did  I mention that somethimes they are about nothing at all!  Time is important so I plan to make the best of each day. Where did this all come from????
Thank you for the kind words....always so nice to hear from you. I amlucky to have you all.
The day here is starting cool and breezy. We do enjoy these early days of the year because before we know it the hot summer days will arrive. Where ever you may be, enjoy the day.
Before I forget...today is Dr Suess' birthday and you know who shares this day? Well, Sharon....Happy Birthday to Sharon aka Daffy Cat.

7 comments:

Jules said...

Very pretty thimble and violets!

Patty C. said...

It looks great ;)

CalamityJr said...

Your thimble is lovely. What to do next? Such fun choices! I know you'll enjoy whatever you pick. And the weather? It was warm enough yesterday to walk the dog without a jacket, and today there's heavy snow predicted! ???

milly said...

Hello

This is my first visit to your blog.

Love your thimble and pretty flowers.

Really enjoyed reading your post it was very uplifting.

Michele said...

Very pretty finish. Good job!

geeky Heather said...

Congrats on finishing the thimble! It looks great...especially nestled amongst all those pretty violets. =)

tülin said...

Hi,
I have thimbel collection. I can swap some thimbels. I am living in Türkiye.
My thimbels blog;

http://tulinsthimbels.blogspot.com/

Greetings from Anatolia :)