Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day off so I'll be stitching!

Yes, I have the day off. Since we had no plans because I was to be working, now I will relax and stitch today. Before I forget, I would like to say hello to the my new friends and followers...if you have a blog be sure to let me know so I can visit  and join you. I just downloaded the current GOS...I really enjoy this magazine. Good interview with Beth.

I tried...and I do mean tried to do some blind stitching on my Hawaiian quilting...
Ignore the wrinkles...and forgive the stitching. I am resigned that this is really my practice/learning piece. I will improve  and then I will make one that will be acceptable. I do love hand sewing so I am sure I will improve with this needle turning. I will bring it in to work next week and  have my coach Dianna Lynn take a look and see. I have started a small project ... just a peek...
I know, it does not look like anything .... but it will be...and maybe even completed this weekend. I think I will take a quick run to find some cigar boxes later. I know, I said I was going to stitch and I will......

Zoe seems to be driving Mr H crazy right now. Don't you wish these fur babies of ours could talk so we would not spend so much time trying to figure out what it is they want?  She has been out, she has a bowl of breakfast..... so what is with the barking. For years she rarely barked now in her old age she is very vocal. Well, I will try to rescue my guy. First I think I will make a cup of tea.......so glad you visited today. Have a wonderful weekend.....see you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Have a relaxing, great day Gracie! :)

milly said...

Hello

Can't wait to see what your new start will turn into.

Your Hawaiian quilt looks great.

I do hope Zoe settled quickly and that you had a relaxing day.

Mindi said...

I hope you had a nice and relaxing day doing nothing but stitching!

Stitching Noni said...

What a wonderful start on your Hawaiian quilt - it looks great :o)

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com.au/

Mouse said...

ooo hope you have a good day and get lots done :) love mouse xxxxx

SoCal Debbie said...

I wonder what your new start will be! You're such a fast stitcher, we'll find out soon!