Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So many pictures-----

Just a warning...pictures to follow....I have been busy!
First I finished Babouska as a free standing doll...

I think she is cute this way.
Next,
This is a freebie from Elisa. i stitched on28 ct Jobelan Blueberry and with Weeks Peoria Purple. The thread was sent to me from CalamityJr.....perfect match up. Now before you ask why the black box......
because for ages I have had a small piece of this Pansy on black print. I finally got to use it. Now for the box...remember the cigar boxes? This is one of them....I added a ribbon to hold the top open as it would open too far.
I decided to leave the name on the sides of the box. I added lavender pearl pins to the ric rack trim.....
 
a small pocket for scissors.....
I love the latch....quite decorative for a cigar box. I am really please with this project finish. I think I will get back to the wine store to see if they have any new boxes!
Remember the mail from Japan??????

Finally decided to order this kit. Maybe today I will start on it.
Time to have another cup of coffee. It was so nice to have you visit today.  I really hope you have a wonderful day. Be sure to save time for yourself.


16 comments:

Sally said...

Two lovely finishes Gracie. I love the box.

Patty C. said...

Lovely work!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on your wee doll it looks perfect like that and I adore your box finish too :) love mouse xxxxx

Teresa said...

Your little doll is just lovely, wonderful way to finish her.
Wow great cigar box. Fantastic job.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Ranae said...

Your doll is just so sweet, love how you finished it.
And I love your box the fabric is awesome.
Have a great day

Kathy said...

What stunning finishes. They are just perfect!

Nancy said...

Beautiful finishes!

Cardygirl said...

Great little box!

geeky Heather said...

I love the way you finished the sweet little doll, and the box is fantastic!! Have fun with the thimble...looks like it will be neat when finished.

CalamityJr said...

I love that you'll have to think of me often, using that beautifully transformed cigar box! Now you can't get rid of me, lol.

And This Little Pig said...

Beautiful Gracie :@
LiBBiE in Oz

Simple Pleasure said...

Grace
Your finish for the doll is elegant!
I LOVE what you did with the cigar box...I always feel so proud when I take a simple "discard" and transform it into something wonderful AND useful! Now there will be a shortage of cigar boxes, and it will be traced back to you...LOL!
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

Blu said...

The doll is just adorable!
Great job with the box.

SoCal Debbie said...

Your two finishes are wonderful! I love the box!

Lynda said...

They are so beautiful Gracie.

Mangogirl said...

love that finish :D