Thursday, January 26, 2012

What was and a tote bag

This was what I was waiting to pick...
I should have picked it when I took this instead of waiting., The first one I picked was delicious. Mr H will be putting up some netting to protect the rest of them.

Look what I finished...
How about a peek inside....
I turned the square pocket to a long one and turned down the edge and tacked on a button. I decided to add a long pocket to the other side.
Look at the great leaf ribbon trim

I thought it would look nice along this seam and also here..
I bought the cotton doily at Jo Ann's and made it into a flower.

Look at this button that I have had forever...
It was just what I was looking for. I had so much fun making this tote. I am already thinking of my next few! Then I will find someone to give them to.
I am off to work these next 3 days, so it will put a slow into my stitching. But I will get to plan my next project. I hope I did not bore you with my tote...but I was eager to share it with you.
Before I go have a cup of coffee, I leave you with.....
Zoe peeking out from the lanai.

 Thank you for visiting with me and I hope you have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Your tote is gorgeous! I can just imagine how much you'll enjoy using it. Sorry, though, that someone beat you to your tomato. That's one of my favorite foods, so I wouldn't be any too pleased, either. What a sweet photo of Zoe. Give her an extra cuddle from me!

Mouse said...

oooooo love that tote ... the ribbon the flowers the colours in fact every thing :) and hellooo zoe *bentley waves a wee paw back :) love mouse xxxx

Teresa said...

What a lovely purse. I can see how much work you put into it.
Carry it with pride.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

geeky Heather said...

Home grown tomatoes are the best!! I hope you get to keep another one soon.

Your tote is BEAUTIFUL!! That leaf trim is so neat. I envy anyone that can sew!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

YUM fresh tomatoes...

What a cute idea!

Zoe is so cute.

Cardygirl said...

The tomato does look appealing! Great bag...nicely embellished.

Nicola said...

Your tote is absolutely stunning.

Lelia said...

Very very creative! And your Zoe is too cute. The button flowers are awesome.

I stayed up to late tatting + am waaayy behind in errands and housework.

Melanie said...

Love the tote!!! It's just too cute! You did a great job on it. :)

Kathy Ellen said...

Are those truly little plum tomatoes that I see among the vines? An amazing site in January!

Your lovely tote is a true work of art! I love the beautiful doily flower and colorful buttons that you incorporated into the design. It is truly special.

Mangogirl said...

Such a wonderful bag.