Monday, January 9, 2012

I was lost but here I am again!

Late Friday, my computer went down. The computer Sprites must have heard Mr H say we would be getting a new one this Spring. Guess they became impatient, cause out to Best Buy we went on Friday night! that is when everything went to  the frustration file. The Geek Squad said they would download all my info from the old for the new. Did you think it meant they would then upload it into the new one? they kept the new and the old and then informed me on Sunday that I would just insert the 3 discs and it would be that simple! Well let me tell you~~~~~~I spent from 2pm until 6:30 when it finally was up and running. Finally was on line with tech support and he "took" over the mouse and helped me get it going.
Now, hear me.... I do not plan on another new one for some time, but I will have the Squad come to set it up...worth paying someone to keep those Sprites at bay!
Did I mention they did not retrieve my email addresses????? So, I had some written  down, but so many are out there in la la land. I guess I will nab them when someone sends to me.

In the meantime I would like to share something with you. I have had these 2 pieces of mail over 20 years now....

I have tried to block the names...but they are recorded messages from a soldier to a loved one. Look at the post mark~~~~  August of 1943 and the postage was only 3 cents!!!! I would love to know what is on both of them---- wouldn't you?

I started a small beaded doll...pictures tomorrow..... and my mom loved the beaded ornament I sent her. 
About the Travelling Pattern, I will continue to leave it open until this weekend then pick a destination....so you still have time to let me know.

I need a gallon of coffee....still have to download a few things but I am frazzled right now.... later, much later. I am so glad I had this chance to vent with you...thank you. Hope your day is wonderful.

8 comments:

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

Computers are wonderful until they go wrong. It is frightening how much we depend on them.

Cardygirl said...

Glad the computer is sorted! I hate computer problems!

Vicky said...

My computer is going slower than a snail at the moment, I think it is nearly time to call in the geek squad....

And This Little Pig said...

Ah Gracie, it is so frustrating, but just think how wonderful and 'zippy' your new computer will be :@ I would join you in cursing the Computer Gods, but really I'm a bit scared too.
LiBBiE in Oz

Mouse said...

ohhh dear how frustrating for the comp to go down and then you still had to get help with it all ... me and all believe me .... has no one got a record player or don't you want to open them ???? mind you wouldn't they "lose " value if opened ??? hope you have de frazzeled by no .. I'm trying to catch up with stuff :) love mouse xxx

gracie said...

The records had been opened long ago. I knew the lady who received them...that is how I got them after she died. Some day I will find a way to listen to them. Computer is getting to be mine...finding some things and still trying to get some things added to it. Still have to download my e-Reader! One of these dys I will get used to the new system!

Patty C. said...

Sorry about your computer troubles Gracie - I hope everything works out ;)

SoCal Debbie said...

Sorry to hear about the computer problems. It would be great to listen to those recordings!