Friday, January 6, 2012

The sheep is ready to travel and a bump on my head

Just where did this week go? So much to share......
First let me tell you about a mishap--- yesterday afternoon after returning from errands, as I was pulling down the hatch on our PT Cruiser I did not move out of danger! The corner of the hatch hit me right over my right eyebrow..... stars, I saw stars! Now I can be out of sorts without something like this happening! I do not need help! And there  was Mr H .... with "you should watch that!" What a novel idea!

Okay, on to better things. Sandra and I meet for bagels yesterday. I brought her a Quiltie square. I did not have the time to do her Christmas exchange, but I did make one for her.
remember the lovely Christmas Butterfly fabric? I embellished it with tiny gold beads and some glitter.
Sandra gave me...

Isn't he so cute and his own light bulb!

I finished the Travelling Pattern~~~~ Thankful for Ewe. The tale of this pattern: first Tricia stitched it and offered it to travel....it went to CalamityJr (aka Mary Jane) and then it  was lost with another stitcher until CalamityJr was able to get it back and sent it on to me. Well, here is my version

I stitched it on a mystery R & R linen from my fabric draw..... 23ct . I listed the threads that I used with the pattern.  I used Whisper for the sheep ... isn't she cute and fluffy!
So~~~ if you are interested in being next~~~~and adding your touch to this quick stitch......
       1. must have an active blog
       2. willing to stitch it now and pass it on
send me an email... look to my side bar... and I will get it in the mail to one of you asap.

Moving along-----I played with the beads again
An Indian Maiden..... not sure of it will be on a necklace or a pin.... any suggestions?

Although I did not join the  Crazy 2012 group, I do have a plan... well, I have been thinking. I want to finish up some projects that seem to be hiding in the craft closet. Why they do not want to join the real world is beyond me. So, I will force them out! they will be finished! I will also add in a few new ones.... well, I did buy them or received them and they will not be ignored! I plan to make myself available to whatever is in the closet... this could be scarey. I have no idea of what I may find.

I need to take something for this PT hatch headache... and a cup of coffee with some toast might help. Glad you took some time to stop by... and thank you for the wonderful comments..... enjoy your day. 

14 comments:

Gabi said...

Oh my, that encounter with the hatch sounds quite painful. Hope you didn't get too bruised.
Love both exchange pieces. The butterflies look so festive with the beads.
Congrats on finishing Ewe, he looks really woolly. Your Indian Maiden is a beauty as well.
Wishing you a great weekend and hopefully no headache from the bump

Sandra Kaye said...

As always I enjoy our visits at our bagel spot!! And my Christmas quiltie was such a lovely surprise. Thank you sooooo much!!! I love it. Until next time Sweets!! Hugs

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Sorry you got hurt.

I love your stitching.

I really love the beaded piece too.

CalamityJr said...

Oh, Gracie, I saw stars once, so I know the pain you felt. Hope you can lay low today and let yourself heal. The quilties and angel are lovely (a pin finish, I think), but the biggest kudos go to your sweet sheep. He looks huggable, stitched in whisper! Thank for moving the pattern along!

Patty C. said...

I would love to stitch that little sheep.
What a cute pattern! !!!!!

Teresa said...

Sorry about your head. Love your butterfly pillow.
Wow you did great on your Indian Maiden, you are very talented.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Mouse said...

ouch re the head .... and oooo cute for the indian lady mmmm either a brooch or a necklace ,,, and would love a chance for the TP :) love mouse xxx

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

Oh your poor head.

Your butterfly pillow and Indian Maiden are beautiful. I do enjoy the humour you bring to your posts.

lynda said...

I can't tell you how many times I have hit myself on the head with our hatch door as well...so I know how it hurts! Hope it's feeling better now...a nice cup of tea and some chocolate always helps me!
I would love a chance to stitch your traveling pattern...it's adorable! Please add my name to the mix. Thanks!

Elisa said...

Please add me to the Sheep pass along {{{hugs}}} Elisa
liseylou1971@ymail.com

Cardygirl said...

Ouch..hope the head is better!

Brigitte said...

Both exchnage pieces are so lovely. And I hope that your head is much better today and doesn't give you anymore pain.

And This Little Pig said...

Ouch! Love the sheep, and your beading, very pretty Indian Maiden. Look forward to to see what you do for your version of Crazy 2012.
LiBBiE in Oz

Mindi said...

Oh ouch, your poor head! I've done something equally as silly with my car, I shut the door on the tip of my thumb. I broke it, and lost the nail.

Your little fuzzy sheep is so cute!