Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Mermaid and Indian Pots

Still trying to get all things back to normal in the computer. Finding what needs to be reloaded... etc... etc.
Finally caught up reading blogs from Saturday to now. Well, when you are up and awake from 3am, you do have time.

The Indian Pots is finished
The pattern has a stitched background that Mr H and I decided we did not want. I will have a mat cut to fit right to the circle of stitches.
Of course I had to add my own personal touch....the turquoise beads and a bit of fluff at the end of the feather.

And here is Mermaid...
She is only 5 inches.

Only the front is beaded at this time. And there are no face details. I am enjoying this new project. i am still thinking of the back design. My inspiration is from visiting with Whytfeather aka Stacie. She does some fantastic stitching!

The strawberry saga continues. Mr H decided the culprits would not eat the berries if the plant was in a pot. Well, that did not work! You guessed it--- the berry that was getting pink is gone! Now Mr H decided to put a fence and netting around the pot... we shall see who out wits who. I am betting on the birds.

Remember the PT hatch incident? I have had a head pain over my right eyebrow ever since.... here is a conversation with Mr H:
me--I think when the hatch hit my head I could have had a concussion
he--what?
me--I think I could have had a concussion
he--how would you know! You don't seem any different to me.
Ah---- he is such a joy.

On a FYI----Heather is having a give away be sure to check it out.

I think it is time for another drink of wine cup of coffee and definitely a piece of See's chocolate. It was very nice having you visit today.  I will be off to work... I know it is Tuesday, but sometimes I am on the schedule for it. No complaints. I will be off until Saturday. Just love these PT hours!
Enjoy your day where ever it takes you.

11 comments:

Ma Teakettle said...

Oh, Gracie, your "Indian Pots" is just gorgeous! I love your beading and fluff :) I totally agree with you and Mr. H about the background and matting, and I can't wait to see it when it is framed.
Your Mermaid is just awe inspiring, look at all of those tiny beads! OMW, how did you get in there to add them...I can't wait too see how this beauty progresses.
Ugh, I feel your pain with the strawberries...good luck and my fingers are crossed ;)birds, ugh!
Mr. H, bless his heart is but a man, and we all know how that goes...which brings me to See's candies and my fave...maple cream of course!
Enjoy your day, sweets!
Hugs
Ma

Blu Stitcher said...

I am so happy your computer is back up. It's such a pain when they are down. I love the pots, again you do such wonderful work. I can't wait to see your Mermaid done. And do keep us posted on the strawberries.

Linda

butterfly said...

Lovely Indian pots, mermaid is looking cute.

Lynda said...

These are both so beautiful.

Must be the time for computers to go haywire. We returned from holidays on Monday night, turned on the computer yesterday morning to upload photos and the computer just wouldn't come on, so off to the repairman it's gone.

Mouse said...

oooo looks lovely and i like the start of your beaded mermaid and strangely enough you could have been concussed from that blow ... hope you have a good day at work and catch up with you later :0 love mouse xxxxx

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What great stitching. I love your additions to this pattern.

Your mermaid is great too!

SoCal Debbie said...

The Indian Pots look great! I can't wait to see it framed with the perfect mat.

Bernice said...

Love your Indian Pots. I hate computer problems, I am not very clever at figuring those things out

Nicola said...

I love the way you have personalised the Indian Pots.

Mangogirl said...

lovely finish.

Whytefeather said...

Wonderful to see you have started beading a mermaid!! She is looking lovely and I can't wait to see how she looks when you are done!

Haven't been on the computer for a few days so what a treat to start to catch up and see you working on a beaded art doll! Hugs :)