Monday, January 2, 2012

The Frog Family

I first would like to tell you about The Frog Family. When I was growing up and visiting with my grandma aka Mama, she had these in her kitchen above the stove. The stove was an old fashion kind that burned wood.
Not exactly like this one but not too far off....  wish I had a real picture... only in my mind. We would roast orange and tangerine peals on the top and the house would smell fantastic....sorry...memories popping in! Anyway, I loved these frogs that were never used that I can remember. When she died, (1969) I asked if I could have them and I got them. While putting away Christmas and looking to see how the Garage Elves re-arranged things, I saw them! I must  need to take them out I yelled. Actually I was excited to remember and pictured them in Mama's house!
There is a tea/coffee pot and the sugar and creamer! Are they not just too much! They could never be used as they have all those old earth ware cracks running around the inside. Look at the face of the sugar bowl! When Mr H finally got up from sleep... I said "look" he just rolled his eyes.... but I am happy to see them again!
How about 2 more Glendale Glitters...

just before sunset.....
I have been stitching the travelling pattern...and hope to finish it real soon. I am almost finished with the SW pots piece ... just zipping along.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

Those frogs are so cute, too nice to be stored away.

Mouse said...

ohhh well done in finding them again ... they are cute and my wee grandma had a aga range but in cream like that :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

What cute frogs and such nice memories!

geeky Heather said...

Ah! I love the frogs!! Hopefully they will keep the stitching frogs away. =) My mom used to always give me milk for my cereal in a cow-shaped small pitcher, and I think of it very fondly, too!

Mangogirl said...

Those frogs are just gorgeous!