Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sunshine anytime....

I always have sunshine..... even in the dark of night. Living here in The Valley of The Sun..... it is sunny most everyday. But sometimes at night, I need a bit more so out to the yard I venture to find a smiling face.

Worked yesterday.... an 8 hour day. Now I am not complaining, especially when there are those who need/want a job..... but I am not used to the 8 hour shift anymore. To say that Jo Ann's was busy is like saying the Sahara has sand. We had 15 of us cutting fabric and at times there were 100-120 people waiting to have fabric cut. Most were pleasant... but every now and again there was the complainer. Too long a wait, lines moving too slow, can't get what they want. Really, it is Black Friday and as usual the sale is fantastic. I will be going back in today for another 8 hour day.... next week back to my 5 hour shifts.

Did I stitch at all this week...... yes, but some of it is for those exchanges and then there was Thanksgiving.... I did get some landscaping done on Lavender's Blue but do not have a picture...tomorrow is another day.

Hope you have a great day.......thank you for stopping by.

7 comments:

CalamityJr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CalamityJr said...

Hope your legs aren't aching too badly. Hang in there! (and maybe enjoy a l-o-n-g shower or bath, ahhh)

Blu Stitcher said...

I can't imagine what it would be like to see all those people waiting in line. It must have been crazy. Hope is all well with you and Mr. H

Linda

And This Little Pig said...

Gracie don't you just love 'serving' these people. I personally would be blown away if I turned up at any store including the grocery store and see 15 people serving... like WOW! Hope your day is more pleasant.
LiBBiE in Oz

Kaisievic said...

Eight hours on your feet can be very tiring. I hope that most of your customers were nice - just ignore the nasty ones.

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Brigitte said...

Oh my, working in retail on the Black Friday must be extremely stressful. Good to hear that most customers were friendly and patient.

Patty C. said...

I wish you & your family blessings throughout the holidays Gracie! !!!!!!!