Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Somedays are better than others...

Well, after 2 hours with the surgeon yesterday, we have a set back...minor that it may be, it is still a set back. I admire my husband for all that he has been through and still does not really complain. Another 2 weeks to wait and see.
I did finish the stitching on...
I really do enjoy stitching BBD pieces. It is from the JCS 2011 Christmas Ornaments magazine.
I used 32 ct linen from my drawer and the listed DMC floss. Now I just have to decide how to finish it...as a pillow as in the instructions? I guess so. I do like the pillows in my basket.
Remember the Quilties...well, I am still trying to get them finished! Mail date is the 15th! for heavens sake.!!!
I know I will get them done....I know I will get them done......I know!
Well, I am off to work today...unusual for me to go in on a Tuesday, but that is what the schedule said.....did I tell you the nurse that was Mr H's OR nurse is a regular customer at JoAnn's? While takeing the info before surgery she looked at me and remembered me from there. Of coruse with all her surgical garb on I did not recognize her....hopefully I will when she stops in again.
Thank you all once again for the good wishes for Mr H and also for me...really do appreciate the kind words....enjoy your day.

15 comments:

Nancy said...

So sorry for another set back for Mr. H, glad he is taking it in stride. Your BBD finish is lovely!

CalamityJr said...

Hope all goes well with the new "bump" for Mr. H. Love the new finish!

Melanie said...

So sorry to hear this news. I hope this is the last new bump in the road and it's just clear skies from now on. *hugs*

Terri said...

Sorry to hear of your hubby's set back!

And thanks for the "plug" on your blog about my blog! I really appreciate it!!

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely cross stitch.........hopefully it will be sorted out soon.........

Blu Stitcher said...

Wonderful Cross Stitch. I sure hope it's not to much of a set back.

Tricia said...

Your stitching turned out just lovely! I do hope Mr. H will have better news soon!

Vickie Niggemann said...

Hello Gracie. I admit to being one of your lurkers for half a year! I am now a follower. I have been praying for your husband and yourself. I like your latest finish. I want to do that one myself someday. Too many Christmas ornies lined up right now.

Sandra Kaye said...

Hello Gracie, I'm praying for your Hubbie. I know you can get your quilties done ... I believe in you :):):) Hugs, extra Hugs!! Sandie

Carol said...

I do hope your husband bounces back quickly from his set back, Gracie--that has to be very discouraging...

Your ornament finish is so, so pretty--beautiful colors!

Silverlotus said...

I hope things go better soon!

Lois said...

I'm sorry Mr H is having to face something of a set-back. I hope things improve soon. I love your BBD ornament. I have to admit I wasn't sure about the colour of the bird when I first saw this in the magazine but seeing your finished one has changed my mind totally.

And This Little Pig said...

Gracie, sorry to hear about Mr H's further two week wait for surgery. Love, and I mean love BBD finish, would look lovely as a pillow :@
LiBBiE in Oz

Vonna said...

A very darling finish :)

Sally said...

I hope all goes well for Mr H.

Love your BBD finish. It's so pretty. Can't wait to get my magazine and stitch this one.