Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Good start to my day.....

Finally finished my Quilties... now to email Sandie. This has been a good experience ... a new task to finish and I am glad that I did.

Also on the finish front...
 

This is  a design by Kaaren from The Painted Quilt. The Huswtf Needlecase.
It was enjoyable to stitch as I love hand embroidery. Her directions are great. The button is from my collection...it is quite old.
I look forward to sewing a few more for gifts...
and....
                                             
I used DMC 3371 for the embroidery.

Well, Mr H is up and we need to attend to a few details. He is having a better day today. Thank you all for your kind thoughts for him. The temps are listed as being back to the 100's today so it means no sitting outside..... oh well, guess I will just return to my stitch chair ....
Have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Teresa S. said...

Beautiful stitching and the button is lovely-nice work!

Glad to hear that Mr H is feeling better :)

Mouse said...

well done on finishing the quilties and lovely husif and cute button too :) and shame having to sit in the stitching chair ..lol love mouse xxxx

Ranae said...

What a fantastic piece, love the embroidery

Sandra Kaye said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you got your Quilties done. I can't wait to see them. Looking forward to seeing you !! Hugs

CalamityJr said...

So glad it's been a good day at your house. The huswife is lovely!

Lois said...

What a lovely piece! Glad Mr H was having a better day.

Patty C. said...

Beautiful Huswif Gracie !!

I a Glad Mr.H is having a good day ;)

threadbear said...

Glad to hear Mr H is having a better day.

I love your embroidery - that really is a cute piece!

lesli said...

So beautiful!! What wonderful work you do!

Cindy said...

Darling finish....and great idea...thanks......what is a quiltie? Hope Mr. H is doing better...have a great rest of the week!

Always smiling said...

This is lovely and beautifully finished, very clever.

Chris

Kaisievic said...

Your huswif is stunning! Do you know, Grace, this was a quiz question in the paper the other day and I stunned all of my colleagues by knowing the answer instantly!

Also, I was wondering if Baboushka has arrived safely yet - I sent the pattern on the 5th October - so maybe still too soon?

Hugs, Kaye xoxox