Friday, October 14, 2011

Friendship

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.  ~Lois Wyse

I have mentioned a few times my dear friend Ziz.... real name Linda but we will not go into the name thing again! Anyway, I could not let my 1 year blogging pass without doing a little something for her. From the very first attempt at my blogging and to this very day she has been encouraging. She does not have a blog but reads mine and some of yours daily.  How can you not like someone who praises your stitching and brags to others about you! But all kidding aside, I count her as a best friend. She is a Kansas girl who grew up in Mesa  before moving to the West Valley .... we moved to these condos the same time!. She has been a tower of encouragement with Mr H  and caring about my well being also. Both she and Mr Ziz can be counted on any hour of day or night.  When I left RI and long time friends itwas meant to be that I found Ziz. This was just a small token that I stitched for her.. I made it into a box top.....


added a few beads to the flower centers and trimmed it with Ric-rac....
This is a feebie from Lizzie and Kate.....

Then there are our blog friends. Recently Kaye stitched a sweet Babushka design then offered it to us. I was selected and what arrived?
not only the pattern and some threads, but a 2 beaded kits and a few extras. Thank you Kaye!

The mail also brought me my Secret Pen Pal letter...

I am looking forward to finding out who this pal is in December.
Mr H is feeling a little better.... it is just taking more time than we thought. I tell him of all the kind words, you my friends, send to him... he really appreciates the thoughts.
I am off to work today....so no stitching. I am working on my Secret Santa exchange so there would be no pictures of that to share. I have also been working on some Christmas ornaments and started yet another project.... Where did I find the time!
So glad you had some time to spend with me...have a great day.

8 comments:

Terri said...

What a lucky gal Ziz is to have you for a friend as well. That design is adorable! Is it a Little House Needlworks design?

And congrats on the gift package from Kaye. Looks like it will keep you busy for a while!

butterfly said...

Its so nice to have great friendships.
What a lovely gift to Ziz .
Great gifts from your blogging friends.

Mouse said...

oooo nice present you stitched for Ziz and what a lovely win you got too and that little house mouse envelope is well sweet :) could do with some of those for me ..lol :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

What would we ever do without our special friends! So glad Ziz is there for you!

Kaisievic said...

Ziz sounds like a great friend and you seem like a wonderful friend, too. Glad that Baboushka arrived safely and that you liked the extra goodies. Enjoy!

Hugs, Kaye xoxox

Brigitte said...

A lovely tribute to friendship and to your friend.
Enjoy your secret penpal. I used to participate in this kind of activity a lot. It can be a lot of fun.
I hope your husband is feeling OK.

Siobhan said...

What a sweet gift!

Melanie said...

What a great little gift for you friend. :)