Sunday, October 23, 2011

Lazy day.....

I am giving myself a lazy day. Doing as little as possible. We have 2 busy days Monday and Tuesday.... and hopefully some good news included.

I am so glad the weather .... at least for this week .... is going to be in the low 90's which means the early mornings should be nice enough to sit outside. And that I did this morning. Had my tea and sat to stitch for an hour. My one interruption was the hummingbird that kept hovering about 6 inches from my head and  face and sat for a split second on the edge of my mug of tea! Where are the  pictures you are asking? Well, if you know anything about the hummers, they move very quickly and it was impossible even with my camera at hand. I am asking myself why, but I started another new stitch... I will post about it tomorrow... I just needed wanted a break from Christmas stitching and exchange projects.

Speaking of exchanges.... my partner received the Designer Exchange...
 It is Prairie Schooler from the Faerie Collection. My partner was Lynn from Canada
I choose sunflowers for the flat fold backing.

Now that the weather is a bit cooler over night..... in the 70's, the flowering bushes are once again in bloom...

This Cape Honeysuckle is at least 12 feet high.... as soon as Mr H is well enough I think it will be do for a trim...

This is my most favorite...I just love the tiny purple flowers.

Well, time to watch a Miss Marple and maybe put in a few stitches...
I am so happy to share some time with you. Thank you for the kind thoughts. Have a good day.


7 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

what a pretty exchange. The pictures of the flowers are so pretty. thank you for sharing.

Tricia said...

It seems funny to see the flowers and have you talk about the 90's when the leaves are falling and it's getting chilly here. : ) Your exchange turned out lovely! And what fun to have a hummer sit on your mug! WOW! That's definitely something to remember!

Blu Stitcher said...

I love hummingbirds and would have love to see that.

Mindi said...

The flatfold you made is really cute, I've never seen that PS chart. Your honeysuckle looks amazing, I love the scent of honeysuckle.

Mouse said...

your exchange piece is gorgeous and i had to laugh at the hummer may be she wants to learn to stitch :) love your flowers too ... we have a cold grey day today but I'm off to meet some friends for a stitching afternoon :) love mouse xxxx

Lois said...

I love the exchange piece you sent! Hoping that the news you await will be good.

Melanie said...

What a wonderful exchange piece. Just darling!