Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tulip Box complete

If your shoes don't fit......
give them to the fish in the pond.

Went out for my morning walk.....I will say that it is hot......Monsoon muggy. We are not used to humidity here in Arizona, but during the Monsoon season we get it. I would love another cup of coffee or even a cup of tea but I am downing a tall glass of Gatorade Rain instead.

Warning~~~ lots of pictures coming your way.
                                 
I could not decide what to trim the top with then added the Ric-rack.
The inside is finished in my own way. The fabric was a bit bright so to make it duller I dyed it.
there is a new frog in town...and I added buttons and I made a counting pin for the cushion side.
I am really pleased with the final project.
Hope it was not too much to view~~~~glad you did stop by. Thank you for the wonderful comments and emails. Welcome to a several new followers....some without a blog. Enjoy your day.

23 comments:

Wagapapa said...

Great finish, I love that box!

Sally said...

I love your finish Gracie! So pretty:)

Patty C. said...

Oh Gracie - This is so gorgeous - Great finish !!!!

Ranae said...

Wow!! Your Tulip box is amazing, love it!
Cute little froggie

Valerie said...

What a beautiful finish...I just love the colors!

Hannah - City Stitcher said...

that's really lovely and I adore the frog!

Teresa S. said...

Your changes turned out very, very cute! Congrats on another finish!

Denise said...

Amazing - simply amazing. This is gorgeous!

valerie said...

Gorgeous box! I just love the finishing on it!

Teresa said...

Your box is just lovely. I like the way you died the material.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Lee said...

This is oh-so-pretty! You did a great job with its finishing, Gracie.

We've been suffering through the humidity for several days now, too. But this morning's walk was cool and dry and I was amazed by how much more energy I had. It was super pleasant!

Silverlotus said...

What a pretty finish! Great job.

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh, it's lovely! Your are so talented and quick to follow through with the complete project and not leaving it for later!

Mouse said...

ohhhhhhh it is sooo lovely :) well done and love that frog :) love mouse xxxx

Bec said...

Your Tulip box is lovely Gracie.
Beautiful finish.

I love the little froggy :)

Nancy said...

Love your Tulip Box! The finishing is beautiful!

Carol said...

What a sweet, sweet piece, Gracie--beautifully stitched and finished :)

Vonna said...

Lovely inside and out! Good job :)

Vinniey said...

Wow!!! What a beautiful box you've made! Love the inside and outside of this lovely. Well done, Gracie!

Angela P said...

It's gorgeous! Great box finish :) Love the little frog charm!

Cindy said...

I think your tulip box is lovely! I really enjoy your blog! p.s. love the little froggy :D

Melanie said...

This is such a fantastic piece!! :)

Kaisievic said...

Oh so gorgeous!