Thursday, July 28, 2011

I think it will be one of those days~~~~~

If your horse needs shoes....
let him use his wings.

I guess I forgot to detail my project.....the Tulip Box.
It is from.....
I used the suggested GA threads but stitched on 30ct WDW Parchment instead of the suggested linen.
The box was unfinished...

from Hobby Lobby. It is called a card box.
I first painted it a grey then wiped on a maple stain and continued until I liked the color blend. I waxed it using Bees wax with Orange oil.
Do you ever start to look for something then end up doing or finding something else? Well----that was me this morning. I went to my file of Cd's from GOS and came across a pattern from their July 2009 issue 42 that I just have to stitch. It is called Pagoda Pincushion by Lody Steward.

 I decided to hold off on a picture of what it is until it is finished. I am stitching on 28ct White linen from my drawer and the suggested DMC threads....there are only 2 colors.....#115 variegated Wine to Burgandy and #792 Dark Cornflower Blue. The beads will be Gold. Did I mention I had already begun to stitch the BBD Summer Lillies pincushion for myself.....I hardly ever never get bored.
I must say that you, my blog friends and those without a blog friends are the best. Thank you for all your kind words and your visits with me. Hope your day is marvelous.

3 comments:

Lois said...

I do like your fabric change for the Tulip box. In the booklet the picture comes up so much lighter than the fabric suggested. Looking forward to seeing your progress on the piece you've started.

Vinniey said...

Admired your Tulip box. From an ordinary box to a beautiful box. Looking forward to see more of your new start.

Cindy said...

what a wonderful idea with the box! I have soooo much to learn.....i have returned to cross stitching after a long hiatus and there are soooo many new and wonderful ideas and threads out there! Thanks for stopping by my 'new' blog and commenting :D...