Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A presentaion and an almost

If you find your socks don't match...
Stand in a flower bed.

Did you miss me yesterday...or how about early today? Well, some days Blogger and I have a  problem disagreement and I do not even know why! Yesterday afternoon after my monthly stitch group meeting...a mouthful--- I could not sign in to post. Today, it seemed like it would be a repeat of yesterday, but now here I am.
Friends are wonderful...sometimes they are really the best in our lives. We do a show and tell every month. Anyone can present a completed piece and tell a bit about it. Helen did just that---but with a twist. She told her tale and then announced that she made the framed piece for a good and dear friend who was present....Fern! Well, the look on Fern's face and the gentle tears that fell said it all......

Fern loves cats---has 3 and does volunteer work for a local cat shelter. The piece was beautifully stitched by Helen all about cats. Click on the picture to enlarge/read it. I have the best friends in my life.
On my stitching.....it is just about ready to mount on the box top. Unfortunately, due to an interruption----a phone call from sis Lyn in RI---stitching progress came to a halt. You know how our conversations go on and on....anyway....
This will be the pincushion for the inside. I finally decided on the button I wanted. The design tells you to stitch Ric-rack in he space where the button is. The Ric-rack that I am using...that I dyed from white....does not look good. It looks very nice on the fabric for the box lining but not here. So....another what shall I stitch in the space decision. I have to think about it some more.
As for the top....
I chose this shell button and am happy with it. So tomorrow you will see the completed project! I think you will like it as much as I do.
It is so nice that you had the time to spend with me today...hope your day is great.

5 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What a great friend that would make such a beautiful piece for someone else.

I hope to find a group of friends that I can have the joy of stitching and sharing offline with. Although, probably would be after I am kid-less.

Both look great and cannot wait to see the finished piece.

Tricia said...

Gracie, this is a beautiful project! I know that you'll pick just the right thing for the empty spot. Can't wait to see your finish!

Vinniey said...

Beautiful project, Gracie. Can't wait to see the completed finishing tomorrow. Have a nice day.

Mouse said...

aw bless your friends cotton socks as they say ... what a beautiful gift ... and love your stitching progress and can't wait to see it finished .. hurry up ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Sally said...

What a wonderful gift:)

Love your progress on the BBD.