Friday, June 10, 2011

I am so lucky

Today I am feeling lucky....no I did not or will not be winning the lottery. You do not have a chance to win unless you buy a ticket! What I mean is....
I have a wonderful son~~Eric~~a lovely "daughter" in law Andrea~~and a first grand baby coming! His name is going to be Devin Carter Horton. I have a dear friend Ziz...she is really Linda but as I said before I have so many Linda's in my world I prefer to call her Ziz....anyway. We have only really known each other these last 3 years of my 6 living in this community. It was only when I stopped working full time that we really became more than neighbors. She did not hesitate one minute to come over yesterday when I said I had something to show her. Okay, we only live a stones throw away...really. I wanted to show off the image of my grandson and she said all the right things and made me feel very good. She also checked out my challenge La D Da and gave it the thumbs up. We toasted the baby pic with a Champagne cocktail.
Then there are all of you...how quickly I got messages from Friends re: my last post.....yes I know you are all there and I am so glad for it. Thank you for the kind wishes regarding my biopsy....I am sure it will be negative. It is much better today...we shall see after work though.
When Ziz popped over she brought me a J A Nance book to read...
I will start on it this weekend. When I removed the dust cover...it is a lavender cover....I must forget to return the book...it is so pretty! I did get to stitch my challenge fob...but you will have to meet me at my other place to check it out. Hugs to all of you who read, comment and email me...I am so lucky to know you all. Have a great day.
Give away announcement Sunday!

1 comment:

Teresa S. said...

You ARE so lucky, Gracie! A new grandbaby is reason to celebrate. My grandson is 6 years old already and I don't know where the time went!

P>S> JA Jance is a great writer-love her stuff!