Monday, April 4, 2011

On the coyote highway.....

I did not Challenge stitch yesterday...that's right, I made a few gifts and packaged up my Exchange with Patty and all will be at the post office at 9 am....quite too busy to stitch!

When I sit at my sewing table, I face a large window that looks into our courtyard. Remember the Bottle Brush Tree pictures? well that is in front of the window. Every so often I look out and what should I see.... a coyote taking a leisurely stroll...as if it was his courtyard. But what? Is that Ron taking out Suzy and Sam...little fluffy dogs...and not on a lead? Quick...out Mr H and I run to alert Ron. I scoop up Suzi...or was it Sam. You have no idea how many time I have told him that the coyotes like out courtyard...does he listen...no.  He seems to think they are only out at night...not so, this was at 2 in the afternoon! This time it was a happy ending because the coyote ran off with all the commotion. I think I will change the name from Holly Court to Coyote Passage.

Well, just because I have no stitching to share that I can share at the moment....I do have a pretty plant. I have fallen in love with a plant called Kangaroo Paw....last year Mr H bought me an orange one...
See the cute little flower? The plant is like velvet to touch. It just about died during the winter. But Mr H left it alone and back it came. This year he surprised me with a yellow one...much larger in hopes it will fare better....
Each of the fuzzy ends should have a flower soon....
We are having quite a windy start to the day and it was very windy yesterday and last night. I have a chime to fix and feeders to hang out and laundry to dry....so I must leave now.....actually,  I am brewing a cup of tea and I really want to stitch! More bees and motifs to complete my row.
Aren't you glad you stopped by to hear my coyote tale....I am glad you did! Have a wonderful day.....
P.S.~~~ Ziz, if you are reading this...check your mail box frequently this morning....

8 comments:

Emily said...

Pretty pretty!!

Wagapapa said...

I love that flowers too!!

I've never seen a coyote but when I was a child, foxes used to go to my grandparents farm to ate their hens. It was horrible.

geeky Heather said...

Very cool plants!! I love looking at different plants; we've been to the Botanical Gardens here twice in the past three weeks, and I never get tired of it!

Nancy said...

Very interesting plant, I would love to touch it! Glad you got to the dogs in time to ward off the coyote. Having them those coyotes so close by all the time would really make me nervous.

Tricia said...

It's fun to have wildlife out your window... unless you have to take a dog out at night! We had bear and an occasional bobcat at our home up north. They would just walk up the property line! I'm surprised our little Schnoodle didn't get eaten!

Denise said...

I've never seen a flower like the Kangaroo Paw - it'll be a sight to behold with the blooms.

We have coyotes too - I can hear them some mornings as I head to the car.

Marge said...

Love the flower Grace. Where can I get one?? I haven't seen any Coyotes around my house but on the golf course. Love your Blog!

Patty C. said...

This plant is too pretty !!!