Wednesday, April 6, 2011

No sunshine...but a Rose

The sky is grey today...not a flicker of sunshine anywhere....but...I found this ...
The first rose bloom this spring. It is The Lincoln Rose...and has a lovely light fragrance. What a nice find this dreary morning. Something else I would like to share.....

Oh I know...it is only a garden ornament. Not so....his name is Joey. For my birthday February 2004, my nephew Joe saw this and thought of me...so he this was my gift from him. No, he was not a little boy, but a grown adult. I loved it then and love it now. What he and the family did not know at that time, Mr H and I were planning to leave Rhode Island to move here to Arizona. So Joey came with me and spent it's first year on a small patio in Phoenix and now has a place in our home's garden. When I see it,I think of Joey. The glass flowers were from my son Eric. They fit perfectly in Joey's arms....two people to think of.
Enough sentimental stuff...have any of you watch the Eagle's nest...no, not a movie or program...a real live nest....here. It had been posted by Brenda and I thank her...it has been fascinating to watch the babies hatch and being fed.
I'm sure you want to know if there is an update on Garden Party...sure is...
let's go to my other place and you can see for yourself. I am so happy to have you visit...hope you have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Thank you for the link to the eagles nest. I watched a live video of eagles hatching and being fed by their parents last year on a different website too!

Doris Colanero * Alba Bears said...

Gracie, where exactly do you live? Here in Switzerland, we have tulips blooming presently, daffodils and our magnolia shrub. The roses are growing, but do not bloom yet. We expect the first roses to bloom in the second half of May, and the first one is always the Stanwell Perpetual that grows as a standard. We have about 80 different roses in our garden.

Blu Stitcher said...

It's all dark and gloomy up here today as well. Looks like rain, which will be wonderful for all the wild flowers I just planted. I found the web cam you posted and next to the black bear cam, this is so wonderful. I bunch of geese flew by and man did Mom get all protective of her babies. I totally love it and thank you so much for posting it. Now hubby is watching it and how cool is that... He is able to see it and I am so excited for him.

Sabre' said...

Hi Gracie!
Thanks for the visit and a very Happy Pink Saturday to you :)
This rose is absolutley lovely. I looked outside last evening and saw that we also have some roses in bloom. They are all from one bush that my Grandpa planted many, many years ago and we started transplanting little cuttings, which I am happy to say all just took off. It warms my heart to see them blooming!
Your Joey is so cute. It really is great to have these things that remind us of the ones we love.
Hugs,
Sabre'